Class A Driver
Operations – Operations
Embark is a San Francisco/ SoCal based team building self-driving semi trucks intended for long-haul highway routes. We believe this technology will transform the trucking industry by saving lives by preventing the 4,000 fatalities a year caused by truck accidents, reduce the 50,000 truck driver shortage, and make moving goods across the country twice as fast and half as expensive, improving the efficiency of the entire economy.
We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our transfer hubs.
Our team became the first ever to drive an automated truck coast to coast in February 2018 and we were the first to start moving real freight for customers last fall on a 650 mile stretch of highway from California to Texas.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow, We are looking for experienced cdl drivers to join our growing team!
- Ensuring safe operation of autonomous semi trucks
- Complete driving reports, procedures, and tests in order to collect data to improve the technology
- Provide essential feedback on system performance to the team
- Valid California CDL
- Clean driving record with a min. of 5+ years of experience
- Willing to travel for several consecutive nights
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule
- An interest in autonomous technology
- $87,000/year (Guaranteed yearly salary)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k plan
- 40-50 hrs/week
- Flexible paid-vacation from the start
- Working in fast-growing startup (w/Equity in the company)