Computer Vision Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Perception /
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
As a computer vision engineer within the perception team your job is to help design and build the systems that allow our self-driving truck to sense and perceive the world around us.
- Research and develop computer vision algorithms in the field of classical computer vision and multi-view geometry
- Test and integrate computer vision solutions in our self-driving truck
Experience should include:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience or equivalent academic background
- Experience writing production quality code in C++
- Understanding of multi-view geometric computer vision and classical computer vision
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, and CUDA
- Experience with lidar processing and/or inertial sensors
- Experience with sensor fusion
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Kiana and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: