Platform & Systems Engineering
San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We are working to prevent the 4,000 fatalities a year caused by truck accidents, reduce the 50,000 truck driver shortage, and make moving goods across the country twice as fast and half as expensive, improving the efficiency of the entire economy.
In June we raised a 30 million dollar series B led by Sequoia, crossed 100,000 autonomous miles driven and are moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people from world class companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow our Platform group. The Platform Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the integration and testing of all components on the truck, being the interface between the high level algorithms and the truck itself. You will work on sensor and actuator integration, testing and validation, and driver development. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the truck platform is stable at all times.
You should have:
- Worked with many robotic systems
- Experience building a safe and reliable vehicle from scratch
- A strong foundation in computer science and software engineering
- Core understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of Linux, real-time and embedded systems
- Experience with functional safety and fault tolerant systems
- Excellent Python and C++ experience
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: