Sensor Fusion Engineer - Mapping, Localization, Calibration, and Estimation
San Francisco / Remote /
Engineering – AV – Perception /
Embark Trucks is America's Longest-Running Self-Driving Truck Program and is bringing autonomous freight mainstream. As covered by the Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes, TechCrunch and and other outlets, Embark went public via a ~$5 billion SPAC deal in November 2021, and is listed on Nasdaq under the symbol EMBK. Embark is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with operations centers in Fontana, CA and Houston, TX, moving freight daily using our purpose-built transfer hubs. Embark has aligned itself with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem, pursuing a business model where fleets own and operate Embark trucks. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
As a sensor fusion engineer within the perception team your job is to help design and build the systems that allow our self-driving truck to perceive the world around us.
- Research and develop algorithms for robustly perceiving the world using inputs from multiple modalities.
- Validates, test, and integrate solutions on self-driving trucks.
Experience Should Include:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience or equivalent academic background.
- Experience writing production-quality code in C++.
- Experience with factor graphs and non-linear estimation techniques commonly used in robotics.
- Experience with a graph optimization library (e.g. Gtsam, g2o, Ceres).
- Experience with processing camera, lidar and/or inertial sensor data.
- Experience with sensor fusion.
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Embark Trucks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Embark in the Press:
A few company highlights: