Technical Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Product /
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Product team sets the direction and priorities for our growing Engineering organization. We build close relationships with truck drivers and engineers alike so that we can empathize with them and understand the self-driving problem as deeply as possible. We analyze on-road data with a fine-toothed comb and develop system requirements from first principles. We develop strategies and roadmaps for the team using metrics that we build from the ground up. We understand we have a responsibility to communicate these plans and our progress to the company to keep everyone accountable and ultimately accelerate the deployment of safe self-driving trucks.
As a technical product manager at Embark, you will be responsible for setting and communicating priorities across teams. You will need a breadth of experience to dive deep into technical details, but also to pop up and understand the strategic needs of the company.
- Develop a shared product vision and roadmap in close collaboration with engineering managers, operations, senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Work with engineering and operations to execute on roadmap, while holding teams accountable to timelines and high standards of quality.
- Aggregate and analyze on-road data and performance metrics to ensure we are focusing on the highest impact issues at all times, re-prioritizing as needed. Advocate for new or more comprehensive metrics as needed.
- Develop or improve processes to ensure cross-functional alignment between teams and projects.
- Communicate roadmap and priorities clearly to a variety of stakeholders across the entire company.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a highly technical environment.
- Experience with Python, SQL or similar.
- BS, MS or PhD in science, math, engineering, or equivalent real-world experience.
- A proven track record of setting a compelling product vision and executing on this vision.
- A deep empathy for the general driving public and an understanding of how our technology impacts them.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills.
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: