Planning and Controls Engineering
San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We are working to prevent the 4,000 fatalities a year caused by truck accidents, reduce the 50,000 truck driver shortage, and make moving goods across the country twice as fast and half as expensive, improving the efficiency of the entire economy.
In June we raised a 30 million dollar series B led by Sequoia, crossed 100,000 autonomous miles driven and are moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people from world class companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow our Motion Planning and Controls team. You will design state-of-the-art planning and control algorithms intended to move heavy weight vehicles through complex and dynamic environments. You will analyze huge amounts of data to understand the intricacies of driving. We will put your algorithms to the test in simulation and in the real world.
- Experience designing a GNC stack for the real world
- Deep understanding of state estimation, dynamic modelling, and modern control theory
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Experience with C/C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with decision-making algorithms: MDP/POMDPs, game theory, etc.
- Experience with deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Experience with embedded linux and real time systems
- Exposure to OpenCV and ROS
- Implemented a control system for a vehicle
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: