Planning and Controls Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Motion Planning and Controls
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow our Motion Planning and Controls team. You will design state-of-the-art planning and control algorithms intended to move heavy weight vehicles through complex and dynamic environments. You will analyze huge amounts of data to understand the intricacies of driving. We will put your algorithms to the test in simulation and in the real world.
- Experience designing a GNC stack for the real world
- Deep understanding of state estimation, dynamic modelling, and modern control theory
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Experience with C/C++, Python, Matlab/Simulink
- Experience with decision-making algorithms: MDP/POMDPs, game theory, etc.
- Experience with deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Experience with embedded linux and real time systems
- Exposure to OpenCV and ROS
- Implemented a control system for a vehicle
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: