Embark is developing self driving semi trucks. We believe self-driving technology will transform the trucking industry by saving lives, cutting delivery times in half and decreasing costs by 30%.
To date, we’ve raised $47M from investors like Sequoia and YC, we regularly run from LA to Phoenix without human intervention and we’ve opened up freight lanes with several Fortune 100 shippers.
We are looking to bring on an Operations Manager to lead a fast growing team of Safety Drivers and Vehicle Operators based out of Fontana, Ca. This is a high impact role, you will play a big part in shaping how the operations team scales.
- Manage the day to day safe operations of a team of vehicle operators and safety drivers
- Develop tools and processes to ensure trucks are being tested safely and efficiently
- Keep team of truck operators motivated and aligned with company objectives
- Have final say in hiring new team members
- Work closely with the engineering team to effectively serve their testing needs
- 5 years of operations management, ideally at a fast-growing company
- Strong leadership skills and experience recruiting and developing world-class talent
- Experience successfully managing a team of 30+ employees
- A track record of successful process development
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- A passion for the logistics, transportation, or mobility spaces
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it! 🚚🤖
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Mike and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: