San Francisco, CA
Embark is a fast-moving startup building an autonomous semi-truck. We closed a $15M Series A in July and are expanding our engineering team. We are a small group with very ambitious goals and are looking for engineers interested in the autonomous vehicle space and who want to be part of an early-stage startup.
You will be joining a small perception team and play a large role in developing our object detection, state estimation, prediction and vision systems.
- Develop perception algorithms for object detection, tracking, classification
- Build robust mapping and localization systems
- Use the right tool for the job including machine learning and probabilistic methods
- Perform sensor fusion on multiple sensor types
- Create models to predict the actions of other vehicles in dynamic environments
- BS, MS/PhD in Robotics/related field or Equivalent Practical experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming and software design skills
- Experience with vision sensors such as LIDAR, radar, cameras, etc.
- We're a small company so you'll wear many hats. A strong background in math, physics and computer science is needed so you can learn on the fly.
- Experience with ROS
- Experience in OpenCV or PCL
- Experience with TensorFlow or other machine learning frameworks
- Experience building a SLAM system
We would love to hear from you about the projects and work you have done within the perception space and why you would like to join our startup. You will hear back from us within a few days of your application and interviews will be conducted across September.
Learn more about us: