San Francisco, CA
Our team is building self-driving trucks for highways. In the fall of 2017 we became the first automated truck team to start operating a freight route moving product from Texas to California across a 650 mile stretch of highway. We kicked off 2018 by being the first to to take an autonomous truck coast to coast on a 2400 mile journey.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow our Machine Learning group. You will play a large role in developing our object detection, prediction and planning systems.
- Develop perception algorithms for object detection, tracking, classification
- Build robust mapping and localization systems
- Use the right tool for the job including machine learning and probabilistic methods
- Perform sensor fusion on multiple sensor types
- Create models to predict the actions of other vehicles in dynamic environments
- BS, MS/PhD in Robotics/related field or Equivalent Practical experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming and software design skills
- Experience with vision sensors such as LIDAR, radar, cameras, etc.
- We're a small company so you'll wear many hats. A strong background in math, physics and computer science is needed so you can learn on the fly.
- Experience with ROS
- Experience in OpenCV or PCL
- Experience with TensorFlow or other machine learning frameworks
- Experience building a SLAM system
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: