Senior Software Engineer, AV Systems
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Autonomous Vehicle Systems /
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi-trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Autonomous Vehicle Systems team works on core software infrastructure and tooling for our self-driving system. As a Senior Systems Software Engineer you will help Embark’s engineering team build and monitor self-driving code and ensure that it can execute and communicate safely and efficiently on our trucks.
- Improve timing characteristics (latency, reliability, determinism) of self-driving system
- Monitor and improve compute resource (CPU/GPU) utilization
- Develop tooling for monitoring autonomous vehicle software safety and reliability
- Develop tooling to enhance developer productivity (e.g. reduce build times or improve data playback speed)
Experience should include:
- Language expertise in C++
- Experience optimizing build systems
- Building complex production-quality software in a Linux environment
- Low-level Unix/Linux systems knowledge
- Language expertise in Python
- Experience with ROS or other robotics middleware
- Experience working with multithreaded code and distributed systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, shell)
- Experience leading teams and projects
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: