Senior Mechanical Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. In June we raised a 30 million dollar series B led by Sequoia, crossed 100,000 autonomous miles driven and are moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people from world class companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the integration and testing of all components on the truck, being the interface between the high level algorithms and the truck itself.
- Mechanical and Industrial design for installing the Embark system hardware i.e. sensors (camera, radar, lidar, gps), computer, power systems embedded controllers in a truck
- CAD design and modelling of components and assemblies
- Define and document functional specifications and tolerances for all mechanical components
- Stress, fatigue, vibration analysis and design for manufacturability
- Manage third party design, integration and fabrication houses for building trucks with Embark systems
Experience Might Include:
- Multiple years of industry experience
- Core understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Wiring harness design is a bonus
- Direct automotive experience is a bonus
- Working with third party machine shops, design houses and fabrication and assembly
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: