Simulation Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We are working to prevent the 4,000 fatalities a year caused by truck accidents, reduce the 50,000 truck driver shortage, and make moving goods across the country twice as fast and half as expensive, improving the efficiency of the entire economy.
In June we raised a 30 million dollar Series B led by Sequoia, crossed 100,000 autonomous miles driven and are moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people from world class companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple. We are looking for an experienced Simulation Engineer to build out our simulation and testing tools.
We are looking to build a simulation suite focused on testing our self-driving software. You will work closely with our planning, controls, and perception teams. This is a new area of focus for our team so you will have the opportunity to build many components from the start. You will be simulating our truck in various weight and size configurations as well as the behavior of other objects in the environment. We care a lot more about physics accuracy than we do about graphics.
- Work with our controls team to incorporate high-fidelity vehicle dynamics models
- Develop our scenario creation and testing pipeline to verify software before it hits the road
- Analyze object behavior in data to simulate realistic perception output for testing planning algorithms
Your Experience Might Include:
- Strong fundamentals of math, physics, and computer science
- High-performance C++ code
- Modeling and simulation with Matlab
- Modeling vehicles for game design
- Front-end experience
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: