San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised 47.5 million dollars to date and move freight between LA and Phoenix. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow our planning team.
This team is responsible for designing state-of-the-art planning algorithms intended to move heavy vehicles through complex and dynamic environments. This includes collision avoidance, navigating interchanges and merges, lane changing in traffic, and other scenarios one encounters in highway driving. Your mission is to help build a safe, reliable system. We will put your algorithms to the test in simulation and in the real world with our fleet of trucks moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix.
Responsibilities / Projects:
- Designing and improving our existing algorithms for highway driving to handle a variety of situations and environments
- Writing optimized C++ and Python
- Building safe, reliable software that will scale with our fleet of vehicles
Your Experience Might Include:
- 2+ years of experience writing high quality production quality code in C++ / Python
- 2+ years working in robotics or related fields on path planning
- Comfort with fundamentals of probability and statistics
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: