We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. Our goal is to to make highways a lot safer, keep truck drivers local while moving goods across the country in a lot less time - making the entire economy more efficient.
Our team became the first ever to drive an automated truck coast to coast in February and we also became the first company to start moving real freight for customers last fall on a 650 mile stretch of highway from California to Texas. Our engineering team is small and made up of people from world class companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow. We are looking for a General Manager to manage and build out our operations team running out of Ontario, California. The operations team is responsible for ensuring our truck operators are safely meeting our mileage goals as well as providing detailed feedback to our engineering team on how our vehicles are performing.
- Manage and build out the operations team out of Ontario satellite office
- Oversee recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new team members
- Keep team of truck operators motivated and aligned with company objectives
- Develop tools and processes to ensure trucks are being tested safely
- Work closely with engineering team to understand needs and align on priorities
- 5 years of operations management, ideally at a fast-growing company
- Experience managing a team of 30+ employees
- A track record of commitment to structure and process development
- Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
- Strong leadership skills and experience recruiting and developing strong talent
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it! 🚚🤖
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: