San Francisco, CA
Our team is building self-driving trucks for highways. In the fall of 2017 we became the first automated truck team to start operating a freight route moving product from Texas to California across a 650 mile stretch of highway. We kicked off 2018 by being the first to to take an autonomous truck coast to coast on a 2400 mile journey.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow our Mechatronics group. The Mechatronics Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the integration and testing of all components on the truck, being the interface between the high level algorithms and the truck itself. You will work on sensor and actuator integration, testing and validation, and driver development. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the truck platform is stable at all times.
- Strong foundation in computer science and software engineering
- Experience working with a robotic system
- Core understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of Linux and real-time operating systems
- Excellent Python and C++ experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with ROS
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: