San Francisco, CA
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. In June we raised a 30 million dollar series B led by Sequoia, crossed 100,000 autonomous miles driven and are moving freight daily between LA and Phoenix. Our engineering team is made up of experienced and highly talented people from companies like Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, Uber ATG and Apple.
The Mechatronics Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the integration and testing of all components on the truck, being the interface between the high level algorithms and the truck itself. You will work on sensor and actuator integration, testing and validation, and driver development. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the truck platform is stable at all times.
Experience Might Include:
- Strong foundation in computer science and software engineering
- Experience working with a robotic system
- Core understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of Linux and real-time operating systems
- Excellent Python and C++ experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with ROS
- Help revolutionize transportation as we know it
- Work in a small team that operates at an incredibly fast pace
- Lunch, dinner and snacks
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits including medical, dental & vision
When you apply, address the application to Michael and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: