Senior Software Engineer (Backend / APIs)
Engineering – Engineering /
We believe that as of today, there is no great solution for businesses to embed access to the US financial markets. Embedded is on a mission to change that by building the modern clearing and custody platform for the next generation of investing and trading apps.
About the Role:
Embedded is actively seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to create and improve our clearing and custody APIs. You will be responsible for building and scaling our infrastructure to help thousands of correspondents around the world. If you are interested in building the future of financial markets, come join us at Embedded.
This role has the option to be remote within the US or based in our Vancouver, Washington location.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain ecosystem of high-volume services and APIs
- Scale and optimize services and databases for performance
- Own features from technical design through maintenance and enhancements
- Build features, investigate and debug production issues across services
- Break down complex tasks/requirements into sub-tasks, operate independently between regular or periodic check-ins
- Continue to learn and read about software development
- Improve our engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- 5-7+ years directly related software development experience
- Advanced-expert programming skills using one or more modern backend language such as Go/GoLang, Python, C#, Node.js. Go preferred and highly desired.
- A genuine passion for building APIs and complex systems
- Experience with messaging based micro-service architecture
- Advanced-expert experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) and a deep understanding of database performance optimization
- Advanced knowledge of underlying architecture and infrastructure that runs various projects
- Solid experience with git
- Advanced ability to assess/improve performance and increase observability of services
- Past experience with mentoring and growing other software engineers
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge
- Previous experience building payments, clearing, custody, or trading/investing APIs and infrastructure
- Previous experience launching a new market or payment method
- Experience with, and passion for, strangling legacy systems
- Comprehensive Benefits in US - Healthcare, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock Options
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Market Holidays
- Flexible Work Environment
About the Company:
Embedded Financial Technologies Inc. (“Embedded”), a Vancouver, Washington based fintech start-up and parent to Embedded Clearing LLC FINRA member correspondent clearing broker-dealer, is a modern, API-first clearing and custody business built to make it easier than ever before to embed trading or investing features into any product. Founded in 2020 by our CEO Michael Giles, former Square executive and proven FinTech entrepreneur, who also formerly founded Third Party Technologies Inc. (acquired by Square, Inc.) which provided an API platform for integrating investing features. Embedded is backed by an amazing group of investors including Propel Venture Partners, Y Combinator, Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew, Acrew Capital, SWS Ventures, solo GP venture investors including Lachy Groom and Josh Buckley, as well as founders from successful fintech companies, such as Plaid, Marqeta, Acorns, Betterment and others.