Laboratory Operator I
South San Francisco, CA /
Laboratory Operations /
The Laboratory Operations (Lab Ops) team is charged with executing the logistical aspects of our laboratory processes. All scientifically relevant aspects of each experiment are executed using robotics and automation, and it is the job of Lab Ops to setup and maintain the robotic instrumentation on which the entire lab runs. The experiments span many disciplines, including organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, molecular biology and cell biology. Laboratory Operators gain experience in this expansive diversity of experiments and with our cutting-edge hardware and software.
As a Laboratory Operator I, you will run essential maintenance protocols for the instruments and the laboratory. These protocols are critical to sustaining the high quality operation of the facilities and provide experience working in ECL’s unique, systematic lab environment with our integrated software tools. An ideal candidate will be excited to contribute to the objective of Lab Ops team as a whole in order to make the cloud lab a reality, will appreciate the importance of this work and will take pride in completing it with exceptional quality.
We’re seeking relentless, detail-oriented individuals to drive the extremely fast turnaround of experiments conducted through the ECL, and uphold the quality of all laboratory processes.
You might be a great fit for Lab Ops at ECL if....
- You have a background or interest in life sciences research. Experience working in a lab is a plus but not required.
- You are willing to work shifts that support 24/7 operation of the facility. At Emerald the lab never sleeps, so we are looking for operators who are okay with non-standard work hours (weekend and holiday work included).
- You recognize the value of a supporting role within the lab and the importance of regularly scheduled maintenance, including receiving inventory, cleaning labware, keeping the workspace clean.
- You are extremely thorough and detail-oriented.
- You have strong computer skills and are enthusiastic about learning new systems.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Are capable of lifting at least 40 pounds.
- You are capable of being on your feet for long periods of time.
The Emerald Cloud Laboratory (ECL) enables life scientists to move out of the lab, and to conduct research entirely from a computer. Stepping away from manual completion of experiments at the bench, scientists on the ECL leverage the remote, automated execution of all standard biology and chemistry experiments in Emerald’s industrial lab facilities, working within a software platform for all stages of research workflows, from experimental design to data analysis.
We’d love to hear from you! Please follow the "Apply" link below, and include your resume and a remark or two about where you are coming from and why you are interested in Emerald and this role.