Business Development Specialist
Global Business Development /
As part of the Business Development team, the Business Development Specialist (BDS) supports new business development within an assigned customer segment. Partnering with the Global Business Development (GBD) team, the BDS creates awareness in key markets and implements effective sales campaigns to convert qualified leads for the GBD team.
- Manage the lead generation funnel to achieve the annual sales targets for Emerald Cloud Lab’s (ECL) business.
- Develop and implement effective sales campaigns to move prospective clients from “attention” to “action” for each client segment they support.
- Target prospective clients and build strategic prospecting plans.
- Qualify prospective clients in accordance with the sales process, deliver elevator pitch, determine project timeframe, key contacts, and funding source.
- Convert qualified leads into meetings to achieve monthly/annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); provide warm hand-offs of qualified leads to Associate Directors, Business Development (ADBD) for capability presentations, demos, and proposals.
- Partner with the GBD team to implement marketing campaigns to drive potential customers into the lead generation funnel, supporting other marketing related activities as required.
- Partner with the GBD team to develop and execute pre/post trade show/event campaigns to drive activities and maximize return on investment.
- Leverage lead generation tools to identify and open target accounts.
- Represent ECL at client presentations and industry conferences/events on an as needed basis.
- Maintain client management documentation in a timely manner in the Client Resource Management system (CRM), provide required reports on sales activities, achievements, key issues, and strategies on a regular basis.
- Adhere to Emerald Cloud Laboratory selling processes, practices, and rules of engagement.
- You have relevant previous experience in sales and marketing, including a proven track record in achieving sales targets and fostering client relationships.
- You are comfortable reading into and becoming familiar with the technical details of the product with the assistance of ECL’s team.
- You are able to inspire confidence in and excitement about ECL’s product.
- You are comfortable generating and reaching out to new prospective customers.
- You are able to multitask in a fast-moving environment.
- You are resourceful in setting priorities.
- You have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- You have a solid network of industry contacts, preferably in the pharma and biotech sectors.
- The mission of the company resonates with you and you are passionate about the unprecedented potential of the technology that Emerald is developing.
You might resonate with the culture at ECL if…
- You are passionate about science, technology, and medicine.
- You are impressively empathetic. You can argue the rationale you disagree with as convincingly as the one you agree with.
- You are intellectually fearless. Stretching yourself well out of your comfort zone across multiple disciplines is more the rule than the exception at Emerald.
- You are curious. When first-principles reasoning illuminates a path that diverges from the standard assumptions, you feel compelled to see where it leads.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year’s sales experience required
- Experience in telemarketing, tele-sales, or marketing support experience in medical services, life sciences, clinical trials or medical technology sales preferred.
The Emerald Cloud Laboratory (ECL) enables life scientists to move out of the lab, and to conduct research entirely from a computer. Stepping away from manual completion of experiments at the bench, scientists on the ECL leverage the remote, automated execution of all standard biology and chemistry experiments in Emerald’s industrial lab facilities, working within a software platform for all stages of research workflows, from experimental design to data analysis.
If you would like to apply and learn more, we’d love to hear from you! Please follow the "apply" button, including your resume and a brief remark about what you are looking for.