Network/ AV Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Information Technology – Information Technology /
We are an organization dedicated to creating pathways to opportunity so people can live to their full potential. We center our work on education, immigration reform, the environment, health, with justice as our goal. We use a wide range of tools and strategies — partnering with entrepreneurs and experts, makers and policymakers, advocates, and creatives — to build and execute innovative solutions that will spur change and promote equality.
In order to address national and global-scale problems, we employ a wide range of tools and strategies. We believe that a combination of Philanthropy and Venture Capital can support the greatest leaps of innovation. This model allows us to deploy resources in the most flexible way for the greatest impact.
Emerson Collective is seeking a Network/AV Engineer responsible for troubleshooting, upgrading, configuring, installing, and maintaining network connectivity and AV services in support of all Emerson Collective (EC) locations, conference rooms, and event venues. The incumbent will also be responsible for supporting company events by ensuring Network/AV equipment is functioning properly and that issues are remediated expeditiously. The successful candidate will draw motivation from ownership of Network/AV infrastructure and working cross-functionally ensuring seamless collaboration across the Emerson Collective community. This position will report to the Director of Information Technology.
Role and Responsibilities
- Configure and maintain a full stack of networking equipment, including firewall, switches, and wireless access points. Acknowledging security is paramount.
- Build redundancy throughout all layers of the network
- Proactively support equipment by staying up to date with firmware patches and support agreements
- Design and implement a network monitoring program that gives real-time insight into the health of all networking equipment and a response plan with appropriate severity levels that allows the support team to respond rapidly in the event of a network problem
- Maintain an inventory and lifecycle management program for all Networking/AV equipment
- Ensure conference room and event venue AV equipment are maintained, updated, and refreshed
- Create transparency into the health of conference room equipment to empower support engineers to support conference rooms
- Provide real-time onsite support for high-stakes meetings and events
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- 5+ years of Information Technology operations experience
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting large-scale networks, network routing, switches, and internet-related networking and security technologies
- Troubleshooting networks at OSI levels 1-7 with knowledge of the command-line configuration of switches, routers, firewalls
- Strong Routing/Switching knowledge of Juniper, Palo Networks, and Ruckus.
- Tier 3 NOC support experience
- Strong self-starter while developing and managing business processes and workflows, standardizing documentation, and improving network operations
- Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business-related field, or equivalent work experience
- Crestron Service Provide, CTS or CQT certification, or CCNA
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, Oakland, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C. This position is located in Palo Alto, CA.
What we offer
A mission-driven, diverse, and inclusive environment that focuses on learning and growing. We offer excellent benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. These include flexible paid time off, competitive health insurance, a generous retirement savings plan, paid parental leave, commuter benefits, mental health and family care benefits, lunch in the office, book club, weekly yoga, a new iPhone and iWatch, time off to volunteer, participation in social justice events, and more.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.