Senior Product Manager, CRM
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Product & Engineering /
We are an organization dedicated to creating pathways to opportunity so people can live to their full potential. We center our work on education, immigration reform, the environment, health, with justice as our goal. We use a wide range of tools and strategies — partnering with entrepreneurs and experts, makers and policymakers, advocates, and creatives — to build and execute innovative solutions that will spur change and promote equality.
In order to address national and global-scale problems, we employ a wide range of tools and strategies. We believe that a combination of Philanthropy and Venture Capital can support the greatest leaps of innovation. This model allows us to deploy resources in the most flexible way for the greatest impact.
The technology team collaborates with domain experts across each issue area in Emerson Collective’s portfolio to identify and assist organizations in need of technical and financial support. We work alongside these organizations to develop new, pioneering solutions to pressing social problems.
We are building a small and diverse team that understands the power of technology to accelerate change. While our primary mission is to amplify the outstanding work done by our investees and grantees, we also develop new solutions where we identify gaps. We’re hiring engineers who can bring the philosophies of user-centered design to this work. We are not a team that will ever face “web scale” challenges, however, our work is significant, impactful, and has the power to directly and indirectly help people in need.
The Senior Product Manager will lead the process and execution of aligning the CRM (Salesforce) platform with Emerson Collective’s mission and priorities. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. This role is part architect and part product manager and will be responsible for ensuring successful execution on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our CRM platform alongside holding true to a long-term vision. This role reports will report to the Director of IT Products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build cohesive data architecture based on the needs of the organization
- Develop and implement CRM product strategies consistent with EC’s vision
- Centralize data systems to streamline processes within and across teams and provide transparency to the same data across the whole organization
- Map and detail the organization structure and processes
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and detail improvement requirements
- Lead engineers and coordinate multi-functional teams
- Work with senior management to build product plans and roadmaps
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepares for upgrades
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Work with the management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and readiness activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- 4 + years excelling in a product management or technical program management role
- Excellent project management skills and a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to meet benchmarks, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and lead laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical problem solver with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile challenges, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the true underlying needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Demonstrated ability and certified as a Salesforce.com administrator (Saleforce.com Admin (ADM201) certified)
- Confirmed ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Good understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Proven understanding of Salesforce.com standard methodologies and functionality
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrable ability to understand and articulate sophisticated requirements
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
Emerson Collective is a Bay Area-based organization with offices in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Francisco, Oakland, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C. This position is remote-friendly, but we prefer people who are in or eventually willing to relocate to the Bay Area or New York.
The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Emerson Collective offers excellent organizational benefits.
Building a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our mission and values as we strive to create systemic change and open possibilities for all of the communities we serve. To that end, we provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.