Vice President of Sales - Change Management and Learning and Development (San Francisco Bay Area or Dallas, Texas)
San Francisco Bay Area
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Organization – Vice President
Have you built a change management or learning and development practice? Have you been successful in your career helping organizations drive customer acquisition and multi-million dollar revenue goals? Do you have proven results in managing all sales and business development operations through strategic partnerships, negotiation and business planning? Are you passionate about providing a stellar customer experience using your sales ability, market acumen and relationship skills? If so, perhaps you would like to be considered for the VP position.
As VP of Change and Learning, you will be responsible for building and growing a practice:
· Researching and identifying target clients in the region.
· Developing and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s client base.
· Identifying opportunities within the new and existing client base for which Emerson solutions can be presented.
· Leading deal negotiations, proposal/statement of work development, closure of sales activities and other efforts impacting the sales process.
· Managing profitability.
· Assigning resources to the clients and assuring exemplary delivery.
· Closing the sale.
· Developing strategies for establishing and expanding partnerships and business relationships to grow company revenues.
· Monitoring client, market and competitor activity and recommending sales strategies to the company leadership team.
· Recommending new consulting offerings or capabilities to meet current and future client needs.
· Maintaining client relationships and establishing rapport with key decision makers and influencers.
· Soliciting feedback from clients and Emerson consultants.
· Ensuring consultants are exceeding client expectations.
· Traveling for in-person meetings with clients to develop and maintain relationships.
· Developing a vision and roadmap for the region.
· Managing the regional growth of consulting resources (career development and staff numbers) in partnership with the line of business directors.
· Managing internal budgets.
· Assisting in recruiting Emerson consultants.
· Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal departments (e.g., finance, HR, marketing, recruiting).
Essential Skills and Experience
Being VP requires up to 30% travel as well as the following:
¨ Experience building a multi-million dollar change management or learning and development practice.
¨ 15+ years of outstanding performance in sales leadership.
¨ 5+ years managing a high performance team.
¨ Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, OD, ID, or other human performance related field.
¨ Expertise in fields associated with influencing human behavior.
¨ Experience developing and executing sales strategy.
¨ Outstanding consultative selling abilities.
¨ Experience and comfort in connecting with clients: CHROs/Directors/CIOs/CEOs/CLOs/Change Leads.
¨ Strong client orientation.
¨ Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
¨ Strong leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
¨ Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple priorities, at both the strategic and operational levels.
¨ Capacity to assume more significant executive responsibilities over time.
¨ Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
¨ Intermediate MS Office skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
¨ Advanced degree in the behavioral sciences such as: marketing, psychology, learning and development, political science, communications, or economics.
¨ Sales management in a consulting environment.
¨ Well networked at Fortune 500 firms.
¨ Government client experience.
¨ Proven success selling ERP/technology projects.
To check your fit with Emerson, take a trip through our website, or find us on Facebook (@EmersonHumanCapitalConsulting) and Twitter (@emersonhumancap). And please check out our blog!
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
Emerson includes some of the industry’s most talented professionals. Helping clients Step UpTM to new heights is what we love.
What We Do
We focus on an organization’s number one capital investment – its people. We help clients with:
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, by engaging, retooling, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Helping clients develop organization structures that help work and enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools for focused, exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring employees receive the right communication at the right time to build momentum for change.
Technology Change: Enabling readiness and adoption of technology by influencing human performance.
We’re the largest company in the US made up of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, but ok: Gap, Chevron, Frito-Lay, Nike, University of California, Marriott, NetApp, McKesson and Tyson are just a few of our clients.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book and The Technology Change Book.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.