Learning & Development Manager - Contractor
Alameda, California /
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Organization – Learning and Development /
This is a remote opportunity.
Are you passionate about Learning and Development? Have you been successful at leading learning and development projects? Are you known for your excellence in creating top notch learning solutions? If you said “yes” to all of our questions, you might like to apply to our Learning and Development Manager positions.
As a Learning and Development Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all projects are meeting or exceeding the terms in the client’s statement of work.
- Developing or guiding the development of instructionally sound, creative and high quality learning solutions with high impact results that leave a lasting effect (e.g. curriculum design, storyboarding, self-study, e-learning, blended learning).
- Managing projects: delivering on time, on budget and with unparalleled quality standards.
- Managing, motivating and guiding a Learning and Development team.
- Anticipating organizational changes that come with large-scale implementations.
- Working with clients to re-tool and re-skill their people, so they support the new way of doing business.
- Building an approach that involves and engages those impacted by the change and ensuring an appropriate sponsorship from management.
- Conducting thorough needs and gap analyses in skills, audience, organization, etc.
Being a Learning and Development Manager requires:
- Minimum of 10 years external learning and development consulting / training or instructional design experience
- Minimum of 5 years program/project management experience
- Expert level experience in instructional design principles and best practices
- Superior business/technical writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager using proven methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability influencing and supporting senior leadership
It’s beneficial if you have professional certification (PMP, CLP, CPLP, CHRP) related to project management, change management, learning, or human resource management – as well as experience in the following:
- eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate or Articulate
- ERP or similar technology implementation training experience (InfoPak, UPK)
- Competency design and development
- Curriculum design and development
- Blended training program design and development
- Big 4 Consulting experience
- Willingness to travel
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
What We Do
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Developing organization structures and roles to enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Building the skills, knowledge, and tools people need for exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring people receive the right information at the right time.
Technology Change: Enabling the benefits of technology by influencing human performance.
We were the first US company with a large team of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts, like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book, and The Technology Change Book.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, mostly because our lawyers won’t let us. But if we did, we could tell you about an iconic clothing brand, an oil and gas giant, a global leader in hospitality, and a company that makes really fast shoes. Just to not name a few.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.