Program Analyst - Workplanning Guru
Emerson Human Capital Internal Organization – Finance / Accounting
Are you a workplanning guru? Do you have knack for spotting and anticipating variances between estimates and actuals? Can you keep an enthusiastic and passionate group on track so that we are always on time and on budget? Have you already done this work in a consulting environment? If so, you might want to consider applying for our Workplanning Guru role.
As our Workplanning Guru, we will depend on you to be thorough, detailed, attentive, inquisitive and skeptical. You will be the one who works with all levels in our organization to ask relevant questions before the start of every project in order to strategically calculate workload, resources and ETCs.
At the proposal stage, you would help us:
- Define the scope and outcomes of the client project as well as rough budgetary constraints.
- Create a detailed estimate of the work effort needed based on tasks, estimating factors, and rates
- Structure the client project appropriately, using a bottom-up approach for both fixed fee and time and material engagements.
- Identify and document assumptions and risks re: resources, estimated hours, etc.
- For sold client projects, finalize the work planning in an ERP system for hand-off to client-facing project managers.
For active clients, you would help us:
- Monitor work completed to-date, estimates at completion (EAC), and estimates to complete (ETC) and impact on gross margin.
- Communicate variances and impacts to executives and client-facing project managers.
- Advise executives and client-facing project managers on how to best manage the workplan for client and company success.
We hope you have:
- 5+ years of proven project/program management excellence.
- Skills in project management software - like MS Project.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel.
- PMP certification (not required, but definitely a plus).
- Familiarity with Deltek.
To check your fit with Emerson, take a trip through our website, or find us on Facebook (@EmersonHumanCapitalConsulting) and Twitter (@emersonhumancap). And please check out our blog!
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
Emerson includes some of the industry’s most talented professionals. Helping clients Step UpTM to new heights is what we love.
What We Do
We focus on an organization’s number one capital investment – its people. We help clients with:
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, by engaging, retooling, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Helping clients develop organization structures that help work and enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools for focused, exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring employees receive the right communication at the right time to build momentum for change.
Technology Change: Enabling readiness and adoption of technology by influencing human performance.
We’re the largest company in the US made up of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, but ok: Gap, Chevron, Frito-Lay, Nike, University of California, Marriott, NetApp, McKesson and Tyson are just a few of our clients.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book and The Technology Change Book.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.