Emerson Human Capital Internal Organization – Finance / Accounting
Are you sharp, hard-working and analytical? Are you customer-focused? Do you pride yourself on your organizational skills? Do you want to work with a thriving Bay Area consulting firm at the top of its game?
If so, we might be a perfect match. We’re a privately held consultancy that advises companies on turning people potential into business performance. We are looking for a full-time Staff Accountant to work in our bright and sunny headquarters in Alameda, CA.
The people are great, the work is interesting, and the culture is amiable yet performance driven.
And we are growing and financially stable.
As Staff Accountant, you’ll primarily be responsible for transaction processing such as accounts payable, customer billings, accounts receivable, timesheet reviews and document retention. You will work with a variety of stakeholders, vendors and clients and work directly under the direction and training of our Accounting Supervisor.
- Accurately invoice clients in accordance with customer contracts and their deadlines; accurately post customer collections on a timely basis.
- Communicate with clients in a professional manner regarding open accounts receivable balances.
- Review and enter accounts payable invoices and expense reports. Pay vendors per their terms and ensure that expense reports include all supporting documents.
- Maintain an organized filing system for accounting and finance records.
- Follow-up with and respond to internal clients on various tasks, as needed.
- Prepare various management reports as assigned.
- Prepare and submit payroll.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Record and maintain fixed asset purchases and depreciation schedule.
- Assist with various registrations and filings.
- Provide support with data entry and management in ERP system.
- Provide accounting administrative support.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and additional projects, as assigned.
Skills and qualifications:
- 1- 2+ years of accounting experience with demonstrated experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash applications and collections
- Proficiency in Deltek or equivalent ERP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Time-management and organizational skills; detail oriented
- Self-starter and comfortable with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task, and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Good judgment
To check your fit with Emerson, take a trip through our website, or find us on Facebook (@EmersonHumanCapitalConsulting) and Twitter (@emersonhumancap). And please check out our blog!
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
Emerson includes some of the industry’s most talented professionals. Helping clients Step UpTM to new heights is what we love.
What We Do
We focus on an organization’s number one capital investment – its people. We help clients with:
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, by engaging, retooling, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Helping clients develop organization structures that help work and enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools for focused, exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring employees receive the right communication at the right time to build momentum for change.
Technology Change: Enabling readiness and adoption of technology by influencing human performance.
We’re the largest company in the US made up of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, but ok: Gap, Chevron, Frito-Lay, Nike, University of California, Marriott, NetApp, McKesson and Tyson are just a few of our clients.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book and The Technology Change Book.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.