Emerson Human Capital Internal Organization – Quality and Training
Are you passionate about proper written English? Do you have an eye for detail and high quality? Can you work under tight deadlines? Can you tactfully provide constructive criticism? If you said “yes” to all our questions, you might want to apply to be our Document Editor.
- Edits client deliverable content for style, tone, and flow.
- Corrects sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Verifies spelling, capitalization, and abbreviations.
- Reads for context, identifying concepts, sentences and terms that are unclear, and flags inconsistencies and discrepancies.
- Ensures the quality of editing and formatting is maintained at a near-perfect standard for all documents being edited.
- Conforms content to Emerson branding standards.
- Provides feedback to the deliverable originators to improve future writing.
- Develops documents in PowerPoint or Word for internal projects for Emerson executives, as needed.
- May work closely with graphic designers and the Emerson consulting team to develop ideas for graphics that creatively convey key messages/data in deliverables.
- Excellent editorial and writing skills, and a passion for proper use of English.
- Comprehensive knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and usage.
- Detailed knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style. Familiarity with the AMA Manual of Style is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint/Word skills and knowledge of the advanced functions of PowerPoint/Word.
- Well organized and adaptable. Able to prioritize in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- High attention to detail.
- Can push back and provide sound rationale.
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization.
- An understanding of the for-profit corporate world is a plus.
- BA in English, Communication, or Journalism.
- Two or more years of experience as a copy editor in a business environment.
To check your fit with our organization’s unique culture, please check us out and/or follow us on Facebook (@EmersonHumanCapitalConsulting) and Twitter (@emersonhumancap). And take a look at Trish’s blog (http://emersonhcblog.com).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
Emerson includes some of the industry’s most talented professionals. Helping clients Step UpTM to new heights is what we love.
What We Do
We focus on an organizations number one capital investment – its people. Our expertise includes:
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, by engaging, retooling, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Helping clients develop organization structures that help work and enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools for focused, exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring employees receive the right communication at the right time to build momentum for change.
Technology Change: Enabling readiness and adoption of technology by influencing human performance.
We’re the largest company in the US made up of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, but ok: Gap, Chevron, Frito-Lay, Nike, University of California, Marriott, NetApp, McKesson and Tyson are just a few of our clients.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book and The Technology Change Book.