Learning & Development Expert Instructor/Facilitator Consultant
Alameda, California /
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Organization – Learning and Development /
This is a 1099 contract role.
Are you passionate about learning? Are you known for being the facilitator everyone wants for their training?Are you known for being scrappy and nimble, helping teams get what they need to be effective?
Do you heed the call of the open road? Do you love visiting new locations, learning your client’s business and new technology? Are you comfortable in the world of hourly workers and warehouse environments?
If you said “yes” to all of our questions, you might like to apply to be an Expert Facilitator Consultant.
As an Expert Facilitator Consultant, you will:
- Travel across the country, helping clients re-tool and re-skill their people, so they support the new way of doing business.
- Deliver prepared instructor-led training to order-pickers in a warehouse environment.
- Coach individual employees on new processes and technology.
- Win client trust by facilitating training sessions with confidence and expertise.
- Adapt to your audience; identify local needs and gaps in training, then update training to make it better.
Being an Expert Facilitator Consultant requires:
- Deep experience in training -- at least 3 years of facilitation experience
- Demonstrated expertise in end-user technical training
- Expert-level experience in instructional design principles and best practices
- Superior business writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Skill in managing the room, maintaining learners’ attention and handling disruptors
- Natural ability to adapt, ensuring a great learner experience no matter what happens in the environment
- Comfort with technology
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Commitment to 100% travel during predetermined periods, to deliver training in-person to client employees.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience conducting training for ERP or similar technology implementations
- Experience working with hourly workers and/or warehouse or factory environments
- Learning and development consulting or instructional design experience
- Background in training, communications, or theatre
- Big 4 consulting experience
- High energy
The Fine Print
Hourly rate: $75 - $90
Check out the Careers page on our website to get a sense of who we are and whether you’d like working with us. (We think you would.)
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
What We Do
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Developing organization structures and roles to enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Building the skills, knowledge, and tools people need for exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring people receive the right information at the right time.
Technology Change: Enabling the benefits of technology by influencing human performance.
We were the first US company with a large team of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts, like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book, and The Technology Change Book.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, mostly because our lawyers won’t let us. But if we did, we could tell you about an iconic clothing brand, an oil and gas giant, a global leader in hospitality, and a company that makes really fast shoes. Just to not name a few.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.