Talent Acquisition Manager
Alameda, California /
Emerson Human Capital Internal Organization – Human Resources /
This is a full-time role.
You are passionate about matching people to their dream job. You excel at identifying unconventional places to find that enormously talented person who might not be looking for a new position, then persuading them to look in your direction. You love developing strategies to make the organization’s talent sourcing stronger.
But lately, something has been missing. You want to have an impact, to be a part of a team you love and to be instrumental in building something together.
Maybe we should talk! We’re looking for someone exactly like you!
Here’s what you’ll do.
- Create and implement proactive strategies for identifying high performing change management and instructional design talent who would be a wonderful part of our team.
- Optimize resource levels and skill mix by matching supply with anticipated demand.
- Bolster our pool of independent consultants (1099) so we can offer our clients the best consulting talent as we scale.
- Manage the incoming flow of interested candidates, evaluate the hiring process and candidates’ experiences, and implement practices to improve it.
- Serve as an ambassador of our brand by building and sustaining our relationships with candidates, universities, professional associations, and external recruiters.
- Advise our Executive Team and partner with hiring managers to find the ideal candidates.
- Own the onboarding of new employees and independent consultants to ensure an engaging introduction to our company, and a seamless hand-off to their manager.
You know you’re successful because you had this impact:
- Enabled us to staff every project the day it’s requested.
- Ensured clients rave about their experience with our people.
- Helped double the business, contributing through simple, effective processes and tools that allow us to consistently replicate our brand experience.
- Created a magnetic employee experience – one that attracts and retains talented, joyful people.
Here’s what you need.
- BS/BA in Business or related field.
- Background in corporate recruiting and the use of Applicant Tracking Systems
- 5+ years of talent acquisition management experience.
- Knowledge of current talent acquisition strategies in change management, learning and development, and government consulting, with a strong understanding of the competitive market landscapes.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring for all levels of an organization, including independent contractors.
- Hands-on management style and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure while maintaining the highest standards of quality and compliance.
We’d love it if you have these.
- Experience with Deltek and Lever.
- Direct experience in consulting.
The Fine Print
Base pay: $95,000 – $120,000. We use a variable pay model, with bonus paid based on contribution, not tied to base salary.
Check out the Careers page on our website to get a sense of who we are and whether you’d like working with us. (We think you would.)
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
What We Do
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Developing organization structures and roles to enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Building the skills, knowledge, and tools people need for exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring people receive the right information at the right time.
Technology Change: Enabling the benefits of technology by influencing human performance.
We were the first US company with a large team of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts, like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book, and The Technology Change Book.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, mostly because our lawyers won’t let us. But if we did, we could tell you about an iconic clothing brand, an oil and gas giant, a global leader in hospitality, and a company that makes really fast shoes. Just to not name a few.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.