Change Management Manager
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Organization – Change Management /
This is a 1099 contractor role.
You bring organizational change projects to life. You develop and implement change strategies and you love seeing the positive impacts on your clients.
You’re deep in change methodologies, but not married to any of them. You know the best change consultant customizes or uses what works for your client.
Your clients love you almost as much as you love them. You invent new tools to make their next project better and easier. You build their change capability and leave them stronger than you found them.
But something’s missing. You feel like you’ve learned as much as you can at your current company, and you need a fresh challenge.
Maybe we should talk.
What You’ll Do
- Change Management Strategy
- Change Readiness Assessment
- Organization Design
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Change Agent Network Development
- Message Design and Communications Planning
- Communications Design, Development, and Implementation
- Implementation Plans
- Project Management, including work plans, status reporting, risk assessment, issue resolution, resource planning, time and budget tracking
What You Need
- Undergraduate degree or higher, preferably in an area of organizational or human behavior (business, education, communications, psychology, etc.)
- Expert-level experience in change management methodology, principles, and best practices
- 5+ years of deep experience in organizational change management
- Strong executive presence and the ability to work with and influence senior leaders
- Comfort with ambiguity and strong ability to create order from chaos
- Collaborative, hands-on style; demonstrated ability to create win-win solutions
- Creativity and ability to imagine the best future for clients
- Superior project management skills; demonstrated experience successfully managing a cross-functional or cross-departmental team on a complex project
- Superior business writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization
What We’d Love to See
- Experience with a change management consulting firm or division
- Learning and development consulting or instructional design experience
- Big 4 consulting experience
The Fine Print
Hourly rate: $65 - $95. This is a contractor role. Hourly rate depends on project.
Check out the Careers page on our website to get a sense of who we are and whether you’d like working with us. (We think you would.)
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
What We Do
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Developing organization structures and roles to enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Building the skills, knowledge, and tools people need for exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring people receive the right information at the right time.
Technology Change: Enabling the benefits of technology by influencing human performance.
We were the first US company with a large team of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts, like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book, and The Technology Change Book.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, mostly because our lawyers won’t let us. But if we did, we could tell you about an iconic clothing brand, an oil and gas giant, a global leader in hospitality, and a company that makes really fast shoes. Just to not name a few.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.