Learning and Development Director Bay Area
San Francisco Bay Area
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Organization – Learning and Development
Learning and Development Director
Are you passionate about learning and development? Have you built learning and development departments? Have you strategically led many successful learning and development projects and teams?
If you said “yes” to all of our questions, you might want to be our Learning and Development Director.
As an LOB director, you would be responsible for building:
The national brand presence and growing the L&D LOB:
· Supporting proposals, creating strategy, estimates and collateral for service based projects
· Participating in public speaking, publications, academic and professional alliances, workshops, panels, blogs, thought leadership, both personally and as LOB representative
· Creating L&D Workshops
· Building strong relationships with all of our clients
Capability by building a team of L&D professionals to support the business:
· Leveraging personal network and establishing a reputation that attracts the best in L&D
· Developing, managing and coaching employee team members
· Building a network of independent consultants (1099)
A consistently exemplary client experience across all L&D projects across the nation:
· Building and sustaining our client relationships and acting as a trusted advisor
· Developing/maintaining the LOB Emerson methodology, tools and work plans for all L&D projects
· Administering a rigorous approach to QA and providing QA on all major project deliverables within the L&D LOB
· Creating & administering an Emerson L&D curriculum for our L&D professionals
· Establishing partnerships with major universities so our people have first-hand exposure to research and thinkers in our field
· Ensuring that all projects are meeting or exceeding what’s defined in the client’s statement of work and delivering high impact results that leave a lasting effect
· Developing and sharing branded learning tools and assets for resale
· Maintaining an awareness and point of view on trends and best practices in the learning space
- Program and project management, delivering on time, on budget, and with unparalleled quality standards
- Developing L&D expertise, staying relevant by growing and excelling in areas of expertise and becoming recognized thought leaders
- Managing a large L&D staff—motivating them and helping them keep up with latest L&D trends
- Managing critical company operational activities such as timesheets, performance reviews, status reports, project summaries
- Setting, executing and managing internal projects that are aligned with the company’s goals
- Developing or guiding L&D staff in developing deliverables
Being a Learning and Development Director requires:
- Minimum of 15 years external learning and development consulting, training or instructional design experience
- Minimum of 10 years program/project management experience
- Expert-level experience in instructional design principles and best practices
- Superior business/technical writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager using proven methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence and support senior leadership
- Competency design and development experience
- Curriculum design and development experience
- Blended training program design and development experience
- Big 4 Consulting experience
- Willingness to travel
You get bonus points if you have some of these specialty skills:
- eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate or Articulate
- ERP or similar technology implementation training experience (InfoPak, UPK)
- Mobile platform development
- Learning Management System knowledge and experience
- Gaming development experience
- Project Management (PMP) Certification
To check your fit with Emerson, take a trip through our website, or find us on Facebook (@EmersonHumanCapitalConsulting) and Twitter (@emersonhumancap). And please check out our blog!
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
Emerson includes some of the industry’s most talented professionals. Helping clients Step UpTM to new heights is what we love.
What We Do
We focus on an organization’s number one capital investment – its people. We help clients with:
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, by engaging, retooling, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Helping clients develop organization structures that help work and enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools for focused, exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring employees receive the right communication at the right time to build momentum for change.
Technology Change: Enabling readiness and adoption of technology by influencing human performance.
We’re the largest company in the US made up of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, but ok: Gap, Chevron, Frito-Lay, Nike, University of California, Marriott, NetApp, McKesson and Tyson are just a few of our clients.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book and The Technology Change Book.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.