Learning & Development Manager
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Organization – Learning and Development
Are you passionate about Learning and Development? Have you been successful at leading learning and development projects? Are you known for your excellence in creating top notch learning solutions? If you said “yes” to all of our questions, you might like to apply to our Learning and Development Manager positions
As a Learning and Development Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all projects are meeting or exceeding the terms in the client’s statement of work.
- Developing or guiding the development of instructionally sound, creative and high quality learning solutions with high impact results that leave a lasting effect (e.g. curriculum design, storyboarding, self-study, e-learning, blended learning).
- Managing projects: delivering on time, on budget and with unparalleled quality standards.
- Managing, motivating and guiding a Learning and Development team.
- Anticipating organizational changes that come with large-scale implementations.
- Working with clients to re-tool and re-skill their people, so they support the new way of doing business.
- Building an approach that involves and engages those impacted by the change and ensuring an appropriate sponsorship from management.
- Conducting thorough needs and gap analyses in skills, audience, organization, etc.
Being a Learning and Development Manager requires:
- Minimum of 10 years external learning and development consulting / training or instructional design experience
- Minimum of 5 years program/project management experience
- Expert level experience in instructional design principles and best practices
- Superior business/technical writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience as a project manager using proven methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience working with people at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability influencing and supporting senior leadership
It’s beneficial if you have professional certification (PMP, CLP, CPLP, CHRP) related to project management, change management, learning, or human resource management – as well as experience in the following:
- eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate or Articulate
- ERP or similar technology implementation training experience (InfoPak, UPK)
- Competency design and development
- Curriculum design and development
- Blended training program design and development
- Big 4 Consulting experience
- Willingness to travel
To check your fit with our organization’s unique culture, please check us out and/or follow us on Facebook (@EmersonHumanCapitalConsulting) and Twitter (@emersonhumancap). And take a look at Trish’s blog (http://emersonhcblog.com).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
Emerson includes some of the industry’s most talented professionals. Helping clients Step UpTM to new heights is what we love.
What We Do
We focus on an organizations number one capital investment – its people. Our expertise includes:
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, by engaging, retooling, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Helping clients develop organization structures that help work and enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Providing employees with the skills, knowledge and tools for focused, exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring employees receive the right communication at the right time to build momentum for change.
Technology Change: Enabling readiness and adoption of technology by influencing human performance.
We’re the largest company in the US made up of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, but ok: Gap, Chevron, Frito-Lay, Nike, University of California, Marriott, NetApp, McKesson and Tyson are just a few of our clients.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book and The Technology Change Book.