Vice President, Finance and Operations
Emerson Human Capital Internal Organization – Vice President /
This full-time, hybrid role requires occasional travel.
You’ve exemplified leadership while building a strong finance and accounting function. You’ve worked closely with operations to grow the business. You believe that data tells a story, and you love determining the implications. Your team adores you though you run a tight ship.
But lately, you’d like to have a bigger impact. You wish you had the opportunity to be in a creative, rapidly growing organization. You’d love to be part of a fun, smart, tight knit team dedicated to helping people reach their potential. You’d like to be a true business partner to your CEO. Maybe we should talk.
Your Mission (Should You Choose to Accept It)
You will facilitate rapid company growth by ensuring we have consistently executed business processes, and a sound financial foundation.
We are looking for an operations focused finance leader to:
- Work with the CEO to drive operations that grow revenue, increase company profitability and mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with the executive team in developing and implementing the growth strategy that results in doubling our revenue and profitability.
- Create frameworks, models and processes for client agreement negotiations and pricing.
- Oversee key functions that enable our consultants to focus on their clients, including IT, HR, Legal, Vendor Management.
- Define and drive metrics and reporting that provide the team the visibility and information required to sell and deliver at superior levels.
- Analyze key financial indicators, cash flow, cost control and expenses to guide senior management.
- Review expenses, negotiate vendor contracts and manage overhead cost to drive profitability.
- Ensure exemplary accounting as part of our brand to clients and employees while continuously looking for ways to optimize efficiency and profitability.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to the accounting staff.
- Manage Emerson ReadyStaff operations in concert with our strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage the budget.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing and auditing procedures.
- Establish and maintain internal controls and ensure systems are maintained with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Direct annual external audit and tax preparation activities.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal law operational and reporting requirements.
- Create compensation and incentive plans that reinforce corporate objectives.
- Support other projects as assigned by the CEO.
What You Need
- History working with consulting services companies and S corporations.
- At least 15 years’ experience leading finance and accounting teams, leading HR, IT and enabling functions, and serving as a member of an executive team.
- Experience in the development and implementation of financial forecast models and data analysis.
- Hands-on management style and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive revenue enhancement and cost-saving opportunities with executive team leaders.
- BS/BA in Business Finance or Accounting (MBA/CPA desired).
- Extra points for Deltek Vision/Vantage experience.
The Fine Print
Total Compensation: $150,00 – $250,000. We use a variable pay model, with bonus paid based on contribution, not tied to base salary.
Check out the Careers page on our website to get a sense of who we are and whether you’d like working with us. (We think you would.)
Who We Are
Emerson Human Capital Consulting Inc. is a change management consulting company with a passion for turning people potential into business performance. We are experts in behavior change. Clients call us when they need to transform, improve operations, deploy new strategy or technology, or enable employees to perform at a new level.
What We Do
Transformation: Achieving rapid, high-stakes change and creating change capability for the next ascent.
Change Management: Driving smooth, efficient implementation of any change, and securing sustained results.
Organization Design: Developing organization structures and roles to enable business strategy.
Learning & Development: Building the skills, knowledge, and tools people need for exceptional performance.
Communication: Ensuring people receive the right information at the right time.
Technology Change: Enabling the benefits of technology by influencing human performance.
We were the first US company with a large team of full-time employees specializing only in behavior change. We employ only experts, like you. We’re not an IT consultancy or an accounting firm that also has a specialized practice – critical behavior change is all we do.
We are thought leaders in human performance. For example, the Association for Talent Development published our book series, which covers some of our favorite principles, tips and lessons learned: The Change Book, The Learning & Development Book, and The Technology Change Book.
We deliver for the best. We are the choice of some of the most successful and well-known companies in the world. We don’t like to drop names, mostly because our lawyers won’t let us. But if we did, we could tell you about an iconic clothing brand, an oil and gas giant, a global leader in hospitality, and a company that makes really fast shoes. Just to not name a few.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Emerson Human Capital Consulting might not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must have unrestricted work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.