Back-end Engineer (Remote - Argentina only)
Tech - Engineering – Platform /
At Emi Labs we are on a mission to increase Frontline Workers’ access to professional opportunities.
This is a 2.7 billion population that accounts for 80% of the world’s workforce. They are digitally invisible, as there’s little to no data available on who they are, their career history, or their skill set, limiting their access to professional opportunities and growth. We're here to transform this by building the infrastructure to make Frontline Workers visible.
Our first step to achieving our mission is to transform the recruiting experience into an easy, human and fair process, for both candidates and companies with high-volume job openings.
Emi, our main product, is an A.I. recruitment assistant that enables companies to engage in a conversation with each applicant to detect interested and qualified individuals while saving Recruiters a huge amount of time by automating tasks such as screening, validating skills, scheduling interviews, and collecting documents.
We were part of Y-Combinator's Winter 2019 batch and in 2022 we have raised an $11M funding round co-led by Merus Capital and Khosla Ventures.
About the Hiring Funnel team
Our team is responsible for modeling and orchestrating the Hiring Funnel the candidates go through when applying for a job. This includes supporting a variety of features so that Emi can adapt to the client's particularities and needs. And, at the same time, improve candidates' experience through the whole process.
This represents Emi’s core value given to the clients. Therefore it’s a core team to enable our plans and achieve our mission of building the infrastructure for frontline workers to access professional opportunities.
What you'll be doing
As Emi's Backend Engineer, you will be building the orchestration of several modules which are part of the hiring process. Your responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, testing, and systems integration.
You will need to move fast, understanding the multiple platforms with which we work, automating the interaction between recruiters and candidates. You will also identify, propose and implement improvements in the core infrastructure and the architecture and train new team members in the best practices for the software development, testing, and documenting.
- Work closely with the Product team to detect and prioritize requirements.
- Ensure technical feasibility of feature designs.
- Solve production issues keeping in mind that the candidates come first.
- Build and maintain our internal microservices following best practices.
- Be able to ship code to production every week.
- Monitor the performance of our services and take action if necessary.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of backend software development experience.
- Advanced studies or completed degree in Engineering.
- Strong communication skills - We're becoming a global company so, English is used internally.
- Backend development experience. NodeJS ideal.
- Humble learner: you like to keep up with the technology and to learn from your own mistakes.
- Proactive: you enjoy coming up with new ideas and simple solutions.
- People driven: you thrive in a company where everyone makes a big difference and cultivates teamwork.
- You care about the product. You ask: why are we building this feature? How will we measure impact?
- You enjoy designing and discussing technical solutions.
Nice to have
- You have experience working with distributed systems and microservices.
- You have AWS management experience.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary: Salaries paid in USD.
- 📈 Stock Options: Stock Options Package as part of your compensation package.
- 🧑🏽💻 Flexible remote-first work culture. We work towards goals*
- 🏖️ Vacations: 3 weeks of vacation.
- 🍼 Paternity leave: 4 weeks of paid paternity leave
- 🧑🎄 Holiday season: Week off between Christmas and New Year's eve
- 💆 Physical Wellness program: we have partnered up with Gympass, a well-being platform that offers the best coverage of top gyms, studios, and activities for you to choose from.
- 🇺🇸 English Classes: Improve your English skills with our in-company teachers.
- 📚 Internal library: Get all the free books - digital, physical - you like, anytime.
🇦🇷 This opportunity is open for candidates located in Argentina only*
Emi Labs is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We believe diversity is crucial to building the best team and solving Frontline Worker's access to professional opportunities, that is why Emi aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.
Emi is a very dynamic and new startup where growth opportunities are there for the taking! We are just building a team with great impact so now is the best time to jump aboard!
Interested in knowing more about Emi Labs?
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/emi-labs/
- Web Page: https://www.emilabs.ai/