Front-end Engineer (Remote - Argentina only)
Tech - Engineering – Platform /
At Emi Labs we are on a mission to increase Frontline Workers’ access to professional opportunities.
This is a 2.7 billion population that accounts for 80% of the world’s workforce. They are digitally invisible, as there’s little to no data available on who they are, their career history, or their skill set, limiting their access to professional opportunities and growth. We're here to transform this by building the infrastructure to make Frontline Workers visible.
Our first step to achieving our mission is to transform the recruiting experience into an easy, human and fair process, for both candidates and companies with high-volume job openings.
Emi, our main product, is an A.I. recruitment assistant that enables companies to engage in a conversation with each applicant to detect interested and qualified individuals while saving Recruiters a huge amount of time by automating tasks such as screening, validating skills, scheduling interviews, and collecting documents.
We were part of Y-Combinator's Winter 2019 batch and in 2022 we have raised an $11M funding round co-led by Merus Capital and Khosla Ventures.
About the Backoffice team
Recruiters, Hiring Managers, HR Managers, HR VPs, and the Emi team use different versions of our web Platform in their day to day to do their work. This includes their daily operative tasks, as well as seeing analytics data to help them take tactical and strategic decisions.
This team is in charge of building and making it the best platform to hire frontline workers in the world.
What you'll be doing
You'll build a Front-End Development Squad while also participating in developing our platform including the design, implementation, and deployment of different features and improvements.
You’ll need to move fast, understand the multiple platforms with which we work, and automate the interaction between recruiters and candidates. You will also identify, propose and implement improvements in the core infrastructure and the architecture and train new team members in the best practices for the software development, testing, and documenting.
You will work cross-functionally to set and execute the business and product strategy and roadmap by building the best interactive platform for our users to manage their hiring process.
- Work closely with the Product UX team to define our platform usability roadmap.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Maintain and improve existing React.js systems.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries which will help Emi scale in the future.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of front-end software development experience.
- Experience with Node.js or another server-side language like Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Strong communication skills - We're becoming a global company so, English is used internally.
- Experience in front-end development with component-based JS frameworks like React or Next.js.
- Experience with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability.
- Familiar with the product and design life cycles.
- Creative problem solving: thinks big, starts small, grows fast.
- Ability to work in a high-growth environment and adapt to changing scenarios and uncertainty.
Nice to have
- Experience building component libraries with tools like styled-components.
- Experience with any cloud provider, like AWS.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary: Salaries paid in USD.
- 📈 Stock Options: Stock Options Package as part of your compensation package.
- 🧑🏽💻 Flexible remote-first work culture. We work towards goals*
- 🏖️ Vacations: 3 weeks of vacation.
- 🍼 Paternity leave: 4 weeks of paid paternity leave
- 🧑🎄 Holiday season: Week off between Christmas and New Year's eve
- 💆 Physical Wellness program: we have partnered up with Gympass, a well-being platform that offers the best coverage of top gyms, studios, and activities for you to choose from.
- 🇺🇸 English Classes: Improve your English skills with our in-company teachers.
- 📚 Internal library: Get all the free books - digital, physical - you like, anytime.
🇦🇷 This opportunity is open for candidates located in Argentina only*
Emi Labs is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We believe diversity is crucial to building the best team and solving Frontline Worker's access to professional opportunities, that is why Emi aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.
Emi is a very dynamic and new startup where growth opportunities are there for the taking! We are just building a team with great impact so now is the best time to jump aboard!
Interested in knowing more about Emi Labs?
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/emi-labs/
- Web Page: https://www.emilabs.ai/