Argentina (Remote) /
People – People /
At Emi Labs we are on a mission to increase Frontline Workers’ access to professional opportunities.
This is a 2.7 billion population that accounts for 80% of the world’s workforce. They are digitally invisible, as there’s little to no data available on who they are, their career history, or their skill set, limiting their access to professional opportunities and growth. We're here to transform this by building the infrastructure to make Frontline Workers visible.
Our first step to achieving our mission is to transform the recruiting experience into an easy, human and fair process, for both candidates and companies with high-volume job openings.
Emi, our main product, is an A.I. recruitment assistant that enables companies to engage in a conversation with each applicant to detect interested and qualified individuals while saving Recruiters a huge amount of time by automating tasks such as screening, validating skills, scheduling interviews, and collecting documents.
We were part of Y-Combinator's Winter 2019 batch and in 2022 we have raised an $11M funding round co-led by Merus Capital and Khosla Ventures.
About the People Team
The People team at Emi Labs was established recently, which represents a great opportunity to come and create with us. One of our main goals is to build a high-performing, mission-driven, and kind team as Emi Labs enters a period of fast and continuous growth.
How will your day-to-day look like
Through your work across the full-employee cycle, from recruiting to onboarding to individual and team development, you will help make Emi a mission-driven place to work in and the best career decision anyone has ever made.
This position will report to our Head of Strategy and Ops and work closely to her and our CEO & Co-Founder.
We expect you to lead other members of the People team, and help them prioritize their work, while at the same time embrace key processes under your own execution. Your role will be key to balance (1) the execution of day-to-day tasks and delivering short-term results, with (2) defining a compelling and sustainable long-term strategy for our People area, that strategically help us make bold progress toward our Mission.
Key responsibilities and focus areas of the role
- Leadership & strategy: Work closely with our leadership team, reporting to our Head of Strategy & Operations, to help set and execute our People strategy.
- E2E employee cycle management: Recruit, onboard, and retain a diverse and remote workforce to meet the needs of the organization
- Talent acquisition: Support our recruiting efforts by assisting hiring managers in organizational design and the hiring process. Design and execute an Employer Branding strategy
- Compensation, benefits & performance: Ensure our compensation and performance management processes are designed and executed to maximize and align our people’s performance with the goals of the organization
- Employee engagement & satisfaction: Continuously identify key factors contributing to employee engagement and implement initiatives to enhance the overall employee satisfaction
- Global Compliance: Partner with the Accounting and Legal teams to hire and retain in multiple geographic locations. You'll ensure compliance and a unified employee experience regardless of their location
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: Lead our DEI efforts and drive tactical initiatives to ensure that we are creating and maintaining the most diverse, equitable, inclusive, and welcoming culture possible as we grow and evolve
What we're looking for
- +5 yrs of proven experience working across the full employee cycle, including recruiting, onboarding, and development, among others
- Managerial experience is a must. Previous experience leading global teams is a plus
- High social and emotional intelligence. You truly enjoy mentoring team members and cultivating strong relationships with all types of people
- Ambition to participate in the foundations of the People processes at Emi Labs. Curious and proactive self-starter that can navigate ambiguity effortlessly
- Immense passion for creating and scaling a high-performing, people-driven, and global culture. You are curious and have excellent knowledge of culture & HR best practices and industry standards
- Analytical rigor and a seek for context to make People strategy decisions and to design and improve critical processes. We'll prioritize analytics and a process-driven mindset above other traits
- Hands-on leader. You can operate at a highly strategic level, but can also perform all tactical HR-related duties for the company
- Solutions-focused, while maintaining an obsession with details that matter
- English level required: B1/C1
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary: Salaries paid in USD
- 🧑🏽💻 Flexible remote-first work culture. We work towards goals
- 🏖️ Vacations: 15 working days of vacation.
- 🍼 Paternity leave: 4 weeks of paid paternity leave.
- 🧑🎄 Holiday season: Week off between Christmas and New Years' eve.
- 💪 Physical Wellness: Gympass subscription, a well-being platform that offers the best coverage of top gyms, studios, and activities for you to choose from.
- 🇺🇸 English Classes: Improve your English skills with our in-company teachers.
- 📚 Internal library: Get all the free books - digital, physical - you like, anytime.
Emi Labs is committed to fostering a fair, inclusive, and equal work environment. We believe diversity is crucial to building the best team and solving Frontline Worker's access to professional opportunities, that is why Emi aims to be a leader in workplace equality and move both our company and the industry forward.
Emi is a very dynamic and new startup where growth opportunities are there for the taking! We are just building a team with great impact so now is the best time to jump aboard!
Interested in knowing more about Emi Labs?
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/emi-labs/
- Web Page: https://www.emilabs.ai/