Washington, DC /
Development - Events /
Supervisor: Events Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Events intern
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
The EMILY’s List Events Coordinator serves in the Events department in the planning and execution of fundraising and organization-wide events.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- In coordination with the Events Director, plan and execute all aspects of EMILY’s List events.
- Primary planning of strategic partner events, special Development events, board meetings and dinners, and internal events as assigned.
- Secondary planning of regional luncheons and We Are EMILY conference and gala.
- Work with Events Director to develop and maintain budgets for assigned partner events.
- Drive timeline for event copy, invitation process, internal vet.
- Develop staffing plans for all necessary events, and recruit local volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for EMILY’s List staff and special guests when necessary.
- Prepare materials for EMILY’s List events including name tags, printed materials;
- Oversee timeline for drafting and approval of event emails, confirmations, acknowledgements, and invitations to speakers and special guests;
- Track event RSVPs and outreach lists, manage registration needs for all events;
- Manage the processing of event registrations through EveryAction Respond to donor inquiries when related to events;
- Travel to EMILY’s List events nationwide as needed. Travel varies throughout the year, and most travel occurs during the fall.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate for this position must have a minimum of 2+ years’ work experience in events.
- The candidate must have the ability to be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or databases is a plus.
- The candidate must have a strong commitment to electing pro-choice Democratic women as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $52,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Applications received by August 19, 2022 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.