Washington, DC /
Reports to: Senior Director, Campaigns Research
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Position: Yes
Cycle Position through December 31st, 2024
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Research Assistant to join our Campaigns team. The Research Assistant conducts research to meet state and local race needs and other projects on an as-needed basis.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Vetting candidates on specific issue areas, primarily focusing on reproductive health issues, using Nexis, legislative vote databases, campaign finance filings, and various search tools
- Contribute to research on potential EL-endorsed candidates at the state and local level as well as materials used for communications, development, and the endorsement process
- Contribute to research team needs by helping to track campaign finance filings, legislative calendars, votes and issues moving statewide and locally, and other external events as needed
- Work closely with others across departments to communicate critical deadlines, results, and upcoming opportunities
- Coordinate with research interns, editing their work and keeping track of progress, as needed
- Assist with any other assignments and tasks as requested by the Campaigns Department
- Excellent research skills and extremely keen attention to detail
- Strong writing, grammar, communication, and organizational skills
- Thorough understanding of current political landscape and strong political judgement
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to expand the EMILYs List community, win races, and build a sustainable, progressive America
- Experience in campaigns/politics/advocacy a plus, preferably in a research environment
- Experience using federal and state government databases and multiple other data sources a plus
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $55,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, D.C. This position is based in the D.C. office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.