Research Coordinator (Federal)
Washington, DC /
Reports to: Vice President, Research
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Research Coordinator (Federal) to join our Research team. The Research Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be to aid in long-term as well as rapid response projects primarily for federal and gubernatorial race needs and others on an as-needed basis.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Write and edit rapid response and longer term candidate research while maintaining timeliness and accuracy;
- Work directly with the Campaigns and Communications teams and individual campaigns to identify, prioritize, conduct, and implement long-term research projects;
- Examine policy issues, legislation, campaign finance filings, and other public records;
- Complete rapid response assignments and fulfill internal research requests;
- Track federal legislation and votes on key issues;
- Track election night returns on primary and general election nights;
- Assist campaigns with research projects as needed;
- Fulfill organizational vetting requests as needed;
- Assist research team members as needed and perform other duties as assigned;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for the front desk as needed once the office reopens.
- 1-3 years of experience in a political/campaign/advocacy research capacity;
- Excellent research skills and extremely keen attention to detail, meticulous, and thorough;
- Strong writing, grammar, communication, and organizational skills;
- Thorough understanding of current political landscape and strong political judgement; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs;
- Knowledge of Nexis, campaign finance databases, and other programs to track and present data effectively a plus;
- Ability to communicate research findings effectively a plus;
- Proactive self-starter with a hunger to expand the EMILY’s List community, win races, and build a sustainable, progressive America;
- Commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $52,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Applications received by 12/08/2021 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
This position has an anticipated start date of early January 2022. Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.