Deputy Director, Finance and Compliance
Washington, DC /
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance and Compliance Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Deputy Director, Finance and Compliance to join our Finance and Compliance team. The Deputy Director, Finance and Compliance works with the CFO to ensure EMILY’s List meets all Federal and State filing requirements.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Review email, direct mail and other materials as required for compliance with Federal, State and Local Campaign Finance regulations.
- Oversee the Finance and Compliance team’s relationship with recommended campaigns.
- Work with campaigns to help with compliance issues, bank reconciliation, and FEC reporting.
- Serve as liaison to banks and merchant services providers to help campaigns open new bank accounts, merchant accounts, and web processing gateways;
- Act as the point of contact on the Finance and Compliance team for all candidate mailing activities
- Train and Supervise Finance and Compliance Manager and act as backup for internal daily reporting;
- Prepare monthly FEC and IRS reports in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and NGP for review by the CFO;
- Oversee the preparation of all state reports for review by CFO;
- Maintain filing calendar and ensure timeliness of all reporting;
- Work with the Independent Expenditure team to track, pay and report all Independent Expenditures per Federal and State regulations;
- Manage Accounts Payable process and positive pay uploads;
- Work with outside counsel, CPA, and CFO to legally establish new state and federal committees and open new bank accounts/merchant accounts in accordance with state and federal law;
- Be apprised of all possible changes in Federal and State election law effecting EMILY’s List activities;
- Track, reconcile and disburse earmark funds to endorsed candidates on a weekly basis;
- Oversee the distribution of candidate data to campaigns on a weekly basis;
- Ensure that all contributions are processed according to donor intent; oversee system of documentation for donor communication;
- Oversee the vetting and tracking of all candidate contributions as necessary
- Assist CFO in managing cash receipts, disbursements and bank accounts
- The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, proficient in MS Excel, MS Dynamics NAV or other accounting software
- At least 3-5 years experience dealing with federal and state election laws and reporting requirements.
- Management experience and knowledge of Concur web platform and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary range for this position is $76,000 - $88,700 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure campaigns for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,400 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.