Vice President, Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns
Washington, DC /
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Campaigns
Supervisory Responsibilities: Senior Director, Campaigns; Senior Director, Candidate Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Vice President of Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns to join our Campaigns team. The Vice President of Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns manages the strategic planning, recruitment, pipeline building, and candidate services for targeted federal and gubernatorial races.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Hire, manage and supervise Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns staff and consultants. With SVP of Campaigns, set priorities of the Federal and Gubernatorial campaign team.
- Work with the President, SVP of Campaigns and senior leadership to ensure political priorities are aligned and appropriately communicated with key stakeholders and partners.
- Make recommendations of federal and gubernatorial candidates for endorsement to the SVP, President and senior leadership team.
- Seek opportunities and develop efforts to increase diversity of candidates, campaign-related staff, and the Federal and Gubernatorial campaigns team.
- Work closely with the President, SVP of Campaigns, and other senior leaders on relationship building with incumbents and engagement with newly elected officials.
- Brief the President and leadership team on matters related to EMILYs List federal and gubernatorial campaigns.
- Develop and manage the department budget and related contributions.
- Work with internal department leaders across the organization to develop and maintain processes for streamlined production of written materials, Federal and Gubernatorial campaigns team strategy and workflow.
- Report out the work of the Federal and Gubernatorial Campaigns department to the organization.
- Serve as a point of contact for key external vendors, contractors and other stakeholders including counterparts at the party committees and partner organizations. Act as a spokesperson for EMILYs List as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least six election cycles (12 years) of progressive campaign and electoral experience, to include campaign management and work at the federal and/or gubernatorial level.
- Experience managing a team, including handling personnel issues.
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills and must have an ability to assess candidate races and implement strategic political programs.
- Proven experience prioritizing and working on multiple projects at once.
- Candidates must have the ability to build and effectively manage a budget. Creativity is a plus.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic, pro-choice women, as well as a commitment and passion to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
$152,600 - $168,950 a year
The salary for this position is $152,600 - $168,950 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Candidates whose qualifications exceed the minimum qualifications may be considered for a salary above this base range
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.