Washington, DC /
Department: Administration - HR/Operations
Supervisor: Chief Administrative Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Status: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Talent Manager to join our Admin- HR/Operations team. The Talent Manager will serve as a key role for the recruiting efforts across the organization as well as lead staff internal training sessions across departments.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage recruiting and serve as the primary contact for hiring managers to maximize diversity of talent pool;
- Consult with hiring managers to understand their needs and help them create and execute equitable recruiting and hiring plans;
- Work with HR/Ops Assistant to oversee active job postings and post jobs to recruiting outlets;
- Develop and manage relationships with external vendors, community groups, and universities and represent EMILY’s List at external events and career fairs;
- Develop and administer internal staff training programs to improve cross-departmental collaboration and maintain culture initiatives;
- Develops staff retention and development initiatives;
- Ensure training materials are up to date, relevant to EMILY’s List, and valuable for staff growth and development;
- When necessary, identify and partner with external trainers on topics such as workplace safety;
- Edit and manage performance review process to ensure it is aligned with various team needs;
- Support supervisors in providing feedback and staff development by creating and/or identifying informational resources, technology, and process best practices;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidates are effective communicators who can build relationships with employees at all levels across departments;
- 3-4 years of experience in general HR/recruiting where you honed your ability to shift from big picture strategy to tactical support and execution;
- Experience as a people manager;
- Experience managing a budget;
- Ability to center the employee experience while executing assignments that meet the organization’s strategic goals;
- Ability to be creative and self-direct when assignments may be ambiguous;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use solutions-based judgment and critical thinking skills to make decisions and protect employee confidentiality;
- Experience with Lever or other candidate tracking system(s) a plus;
- Prior experience working with remote team members a plus;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic, pro-choice women as well as commitment to the diversity of EMILY’s List staff, partners, candidates, and membership.
The salary range for this position is $62,000 - $70,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.