Campaign Finance Director
Washington, DC /
Campaigns - Federal /
Reports to: Senior Director, Campaign Services
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Campaign Finance Director to join our Federal & Gubernatorial team. The Campaign Finance Director helps guide campaigns through the course of assessment and endorsement and evaluates the fundraising operation continuously throughout the course of the campaign for endorsed and Democratic pro-choice women candidates.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess and support candidate campaign’s finance operations;
- Finding effective finance directors and other campaign fundraising staff;
- Writing fundraising plans that includes groups of donor targets, tools and raising strategies;
- Projecting realistic goals including call time, events, PAC, digital and direct mail projections;
- Tracking and report weekly fundraising numbers, cash on hand and other pertinent numbers;
- Employing candidate call time that is effective and regular;
- Implementing a complete and efficient system for call time;
- Establishing high-quality systems for tracking campaign income, processing contributions, motivating surrogate fundraisers, planning fundraisers, and all other aspects of the campaign fundraising operation;
- Utilizing database software for maintaining fundraising records;
- Writing effective fundraising solicitation and re-solicitation mail and email that are in compliance with all FEC or applicable state campaign finance laws;
- Work as part of the team of EMILY’s List staff who evaluates other aspects of the campaigns;
- Work with campaign managers and finance directors on assessing overall campaign budget and cash flow;
- Communicate needs and goals of EMILY’s List endorsement contract and mailing process for endorsed Candidates;
- Train candidates and staff on the best practices to ask for money and develop fundraising messages;
- Help to screen and advise campaigns on fundraising and digital consultants, contracts, and relationships;
- Assist with the EMILY’s List fundraising flagship training program, along with ongoing campaign training;
- Extensive travel required;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of five years campaign fundraising experience, serving as Finance Director at least twice on a federal or gubernatorial campaign for at least two campaigns;
- Must be a self-starter who can identify solutions when problems arise;
- Must have fundamental knowledge of Federal Election Law;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Must have extensive experience using Excel & Google Drive and possess a familiarity with NGP Software;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $90,000 - $112,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Candidates with at least 8 years or 4 cycles of experience may be considered for a starting salary that exceeds the current range.
Applications received by 2/17/2023 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is eligible for full-time remote work.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.