Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns Finance Coordinator
Washington, DC /
Campaigns - Federal /
Reports to: Senior Director of Campaign Services, Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
Cycle Position through December 31, 2024
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Finance Coordinator to join our Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns team. The Finance Coordinator assists in recruiting, training, and supporting Democratic pro-choice women running for federal and gubernatorial office nationwide and ensuring the information flow between campaigns and the Campaign Finance Directors and the Directors to Federal & Gubernatorial Campaigns department leadership.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide programmatic support to the senior director of campaign services;
- Work directly with regional finance directors to ensure that campaigns receive necessary support from EMILY’s List;
- Assist the regional finance directors and department heads in tracking electoral opportunities in assigned states;
- Deliver, track and update weekly fundraising metrics from campaigns;
- Assist in screening campaign resumes from the EMILY’s List job bank, working across EMILY’s List to organize resume drops;
- Maintain and update a PAC contact and endorsement list; along with managing EMILY’s List PAC contribution check process;
- Oversee surrogate emails and events; including preparing briefings and other needed materials;
- Work with the advisors and marketing on the EMILY’s List candidate mailing process;
- Staff candidate call time virtually and in person as needed;
- Plan and execute the EMILY’s List Campaign Finance Director training and work with Training department on fundraising-related webinars;
- Track action items and follow up for federal team and interdepartmental requests;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have electoral experience, preferably on a federal or state legislative campaign.
- Knowledge of and experience using NGP.
- Experience as a Call Time Manager on a federal campaign.
- Must be organized and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Outstanding technological skills, including but not limited to Google Drive and video webinar software, are essential.
- The Finance Coordinator should be an innovative self-starter, able to work with a wide variety of people, and able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $52,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs portal to upload your resume and cover letter, and fill out an application. Applications received by 2/17/2023 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in the office.
About EMILYs List
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 175 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILYs List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILYs List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILYs List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.