Washington, DC /
Reports to: Sr. Designer
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Designer to join our Digital team. The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
As a member of the Digital Department, the Designer is responsible for creating email graphics, social media graphics, web graphics, merchandise, occasional printed materials, photograph selection, and collaborating with the Senior Designer on larger branding projects and campaigns.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate with the Digital team to design email, social media, merchandise, and other branded graphics;
- Assist in photography selection and file maintenance for graphics;
- Contribute to the Digital team’s weekly brainstorms and planning meetings;
- Create graphics and branded collateral to support other departments at EMILY’s List;
- Evening and weekend work will be expected on an as-needed basis, especially during key fundraising deadlines;
- Other projects as assigned.
- Candidates should have at least one year of experience in design, at an agency or in-house creative shop. Experience on a political campaign or in a political or non-profit organization is preferred, but not required.
- Candidates should have advanced Adobe skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and strong typography skills and an understanding of functional design and user experience.
- Candidates should demonstrate a strong attention to detail and the ability to balance internal objectives while incorporating feedback from supervisor and peers.
- Candidates should have their eye on the latest web trends and be able to work creatively within established brand guidelines.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $56,000 to $60,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.