Vice President, Digital
Washington, DC /
Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Digital Department staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Digital Department is responsible for growing the EMILYs List online community, engaging that community in the critical work of electing Democratic pro-choice women to office, and raising significant funds online to support the work of EMILYs List.
The Vice President of Digital leads and manages a team of staff and consultants to create an energetic, strategic, and cutting edge online presence spanning multiple channels to fundraise for EMILY’s List, support our endorsed candidates, and engage and grow the EMILY’s List community.
The Vice President, Digital is a member of the Senior Leadership Team who works across EMILY’s List to ensure best practices in digital strategy are leveraged to advance the organization’s overall fundraising, communications, and electoral priorities.
The opportunity for the new Vice President, Digital at EMILY’s List is to join an experienced team of senior leaders who, together, are writing the next chapter of the nation’s largest resource for women in politics to elect Democratic pro-choice women who run, win, and change the world.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop strategic plans and budgets for online fundraising, including robust acquisition and direct donate advertising, email, and SMS;
- Develop, meet, and, whenever possible, exceed income projections for the election cycle, including maximizing environmental changes to raise funds;
- Hire, manage and lead a talented team of digital practitioners;
- Manage consultants to support departmental goals that can include a digital fundraising firm, analytics capacity, and a web developer;
- Oversee an engaging email program that maximizes revenue for EMILY’s List and endorsed candidates while stewarding the list of the organization’s supporters;
- Supervise the development of content and engagement strategy for the EMILY’s List website, including up-to-date information about endorsed candidates;
- Create long-term and short-term strategic plans for community engagement and growth on social media with measurable goals and outcomes;
- Report out on digital team’s fundraising, social media, and online campaigns to senior staff and the EMILY’s List board of directors;
- Work alongside other department leaders to ensure that work is integrated and organization’s online needs are being met;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Creative, innovative leader with 7-10 years of digital experience that includes running robust online fundraising and acquisition programs and team management.
- Demonstrated management experience of a multi-faceted, high-performing team and a strong interest in helping foster and develop digital talent;
- Respect for our community of supporters, a passion for electing Democraic pro-choice women, and a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
- Familiarity with elements of a digital strategy and understanding of how to build a successful digital strategy that prioritizes fundraising, content, and growth.
- Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadlines, and understand that the internet and politics are not always a 9 to 6 kind of job.
The salary for this position is $140,000 - $173,300 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC and this position is expected to be based in the Washington, DC office. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure campaigns for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,400 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.