Digital Advisor, State & Local
Washington, DC /
Reports to: Sr. Director, Digital
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Digital Advisor, State & Local to join our Digital team. The Digital Department is responsible for engaging and growing the EMILY’s List community and providing online resources for EMILY’s List candidates. The department works closely with the Campaigns, Training, Development, and Communications teams to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, messaging, and electoral priorities.
As a member of the Digital Department, the Digital Advisor, State & Local will assess the digital operations of our endorsed state and local candidates throughout the course of their campaigns, across their fundraising, organizing, and communications functions. This role will provide direct advice to our campaigns and will develop resources and best practices for the campaigns team in order to help guide races. The ideal candidate will be a veteran digital strategist with previous electoral experience.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Assess the digital fundraising, organizing, and communications programs of campaigns and their opponents and work with campaigns to develop digital plans that are appropriate to their campaign budget, scale, and resources;
- Review and provide feedback on campaign digital budgets, projections, plans and creative;
- Train candidates, campaign staff, and EMILY’s List staff on digital best practices and work with peers across the organization to develop scaled digital resources for campaigns;
- Work directly with prospective and endorsed state and local candidates (and their teams) and legislative caucuses to advise them on digital needs and skills;
- Assess tools and emerging technology in the digital marketplace to make strategic recommendations for campaign use;
- Help to screen and advise campaigns on digital consultants, contracts, and relationships and help recruit digital staff when applicable;
- Evening and weekend work will be expected as campaign and electoral needs demand;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates should have at least four years of campaign and electoral experience within digital, including direct campaign experience;
- The candidate must demonstrate a nuanced understanding of how digital programs scale depending on the size and budget of the campaign and key differences between federal, statewide, and local races;
- The candidate must be results-oriented, a self-starter, have excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, and strong attention to detail;
- The candidate should have experience with budgeting, creating fundraising projections, managing an email list, creating social media content, and managing vendors/consultants;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $90,000 to $112,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.