Software Engineer (Full stack)
Core Team /
Who we are
"Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you'll often hear this question being asked.
At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and desire to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we're a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact through creative innovation.
Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures and Ex Uber CEO Ryan Graves, we are a well-funded seed-stage start-up. Read more about us in publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and Fast Company.
About the job
Reporting to the VP Engineering, you will be a core member of the engineering team, helping us build the next generation of our product. You will be working on different problems every day, ranging from back-end development to improving our user experience. You will take a special delight in front end work and will help guide the team on their redesign of our carbon data visualisations.
Your work will be critical to the success of Emitwise and will include:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Help shape the future of a fast-growing Engineering team
Relevant candidates will likely have:
- Extensive experience in front-end software development (Angular or a similar framework).
The best candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience working with a data visualisation framework (D3 or a similar library).
- Experience working with Angular.
- You will have the interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to work in a team environment, not only implementing best practices in front-end development, but also upskilling those in the team.
- A fine-eye for detail, paired with the experience and skill to strive for perfection.
Salary range: £70,000-90,000
Competitive options package included.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join, a mission you'd like to be part of and a role you'd thrive in, then apply now! Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in the value of diversity
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.