Core Team /
Who we are
"Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Spend time with the Emitwise team, and you'll often hear this question being asked.
At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and desire to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. Ultimately, we're a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make real impact through creative innovation.
Backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures and Ex Uber CEO Ryan Graves, we are a well-funded seed-stage start-up. Read more about us in publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and Fast Company.
To help companies address their carbon impact, we need to scale our industry-transforming carbon accounting platform, enabling businesses to automatically measure, report and reduce their carbon footprint. You will help us land great customers and grow our name in the market.
We think in terms of impact, not strict responsibilities. Here's how you will contribute when you join:
- We have ambitious growth targets. You'll source, manage, and execute five- and six- figure annually recurring contracts; you’ll be able to manage sales calls and relationships on your own and support the senior sales team
- Our culture and reputation matter. In many cases, you will be the first person from Emitwise that prospective customers meet. Your personality, deep product understanding, professional demeanour, and most of all passion for what we do will leave prospective customers with a great impression of Emitwise
- Efficiency is key. You’ll be able to prioritise across a range of tasks, and have the judgement to quickly identify real opportunities and drop those that don’t fit for us
- You'll improve our sales process. We'll benefit from your experience in making sure we have clear and effective sales materials; you’ll be both relentless and collaborative in improving our pitch
- You’ll drive our future: You’ll be our eyes and ears into the market. Your ability to actively listen, critically analyse the information you get from customers and provide feedback to engineering and product will help us ensure we remain the innovation leader in our space
Importantly, from day one, we'll work with you to map out how you can make an impact and how your career will grow over time. We would expect the person in this role to develop into a closing role within 3-9 months.
There are a range of experiences and skills that will likely help you succeed in this role, including:
- A proven track record selling mid-market or enterprise SaaS products
- You are curious and a fast learner, and will quickly get up to speed on the ins and outs of target customers’/ICPs’ needs; you’ll take initiative to understand the details of our product; it won’t take long before you’re able to lead a sales call and demo
- You love the thrill of the chase and combine creativity, tenacity, and plain old hustle to connect with, understand, and close customers
- Your excellent written and oral communication skills mean you get to the point succinctly, even with complex topics
- You are analytical and will not only track your performance metrics but use them to improve continuously
- You enjoy receiving feedback and learning from your team; you quickly put advice into practice
- You can handle the ambiguity and challenges a start-up environment can bring
- You are passionate about our mission. "Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" Expect to ask yourself this question regularly when working at Emitwise
What's in it for you?
- Working with a killer sales team and product to close new customers
- Accelerating the global fight against climate change through corporate ESG responsibility
- Being part of a supportive, collaborative team full of amazing talent
- Bringing advanced software solutions to vital but antiquated industries
- Helping to manage the chaos of growing a company (and sometimes contributing to that chaos)
We also offer a range of benefits that we feel are critical to a happy, productive workplace,including unlimited holiday, a personalised workspace, flexible working hours, social impact time off, professional development, mental health time off and a competitive compensation package.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join, a mission you'd like to be part of and a role you'd thrive in, then apply now! Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.
Right to work
We are currently only accepting applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
We believe in the value of diversity
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.