Compliance Analyst or Associate
Remote - US /
Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Inc. ranked Empower #55 in the 2022 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US. Fast Company recognized Empower Thrive in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
Want to make a difference in someone’s journey to better credit? Let’s go.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare and dental benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
Empower is looking for a Compliance Analyst or Associate to help execute key components of Empower’s Compliance Management System and assist in managing its bank partner and other third party relationships. As an early member of the Compliance team, this individual will initially report to the Head of Compliance and will gain excellent exposure across all facets of Empower’s Compliance Program. This is a growth role for a high performer. There will be ample opportunity to build your knowledge base and rapidly expand your scope of responsibilities - not to mention gain experience at a high-growth start up. With that in mind, candidates should be energized by the opportunities (and challenges) of a start up and be eager to shape this evolving role as the company and program continue to mature. The successful candidate will have demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, ability to foster relationships across teams, and solid project management chops.
- Develop compelling, data-driven compliance communications, including process recommendations, audit responses, and management and board reporting materials
- Provide project management support to enable efficient execution of Compliance projects and strong bank partner and external audit partner relationships
- Assist drafting compliance-related customer communications
- Perform risk-based compliance testing across Empower’s processes and procedures through the product lifecycle - from marketing and acquisition through servicing
- Assist in developing or enhancing testing procedures, workpapers, and reporting templates
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to contribute to changes in policies and processes that inform how Empower interacts with its customers
- Contribute to the company-wide compliance risk assessment process
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable compliance regulations, regulatory guidance and expectations, business processes, and internal policies and procedures
- Address the evolving needs of Empower's Compliance Program as they arise
- 2-5 years of financial services experience, preferably in a risk or compliance role in consumer finance
- Experience that demonstrates an excellent ability to interpret and apply regulatory obligations and supervisory guidance
- Superior critical thinking, verbal, and written communication skills. Liberal arts majors encouraged to apply
- Project management experience
$95,000 - $135,000 a year
The anticipated base salary for this role is $95,000 - 135,000 plus equity and benefits.
At Empower, we hire people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!