Senior Data Analyst
New York, NY (Remote Eligible) /
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Analyst to join our growing Analytics group to help drive a data-first culture across Encantos. The Senior Data Analyst will work closely with our Growth team which is responsible for engagement and retention throughout the customer lifecycle. The team has a strong focus on personalized, multichannel communication and engagement to educate and delight our customers. Delivering the right content , at the right time can greatly affect our customers.
In addition to helping with reporting and ad-hoc analytics, you will be looked to as someone who can contribute valuable ideas into the future opportunities of the team. You are expected to be just as much a consultant as you are an analyst. You should strive to educate and influence the team you work on, starting from the data and bubbling it up to ideas and opportunities to execute against.
Who We Are
At Encantos, we're leading the future of learning through play.
As an award-winning edtech company focused on inspiring kids to learn 21st century skills, we build direct-to-consumer brands with our innovative “Storyteaching” approach that both kids and parents love. Our brands are created by talented and culturally-authentic storytellers with diverse perspectives and each brand is matched with the 21st century literacy, learning, and life skills they best model. Our brands include the Emmy-nominated and 2x Kidscreen award-winning #1 bilingual preschool brand Canticos, the Day of the Dead-inspired resilience brand Skeletitos, and the adventure-based travel brand Tiny Travelers. We believe both digital and physical play is critical to the growth and development of kids, stimulating imagination, creativity and a love of learning. With a subscription-led approach, our brands come to life via integrated digital and physical products, including apps and boxes, animated series, books, puzzles, and games that all work together to entertain, educate and inspire kids of all ages.
Named by The Information as one of the "Top 6 Edtech Startups to Watch" and by Business Insider as one of the "Top 100 Startups of 2020", Encantos has received numerous industry awards and accolades from the AP, ASU GSV, CNN, Common Sense Media, Forbes, Kidscreen, Kirkus Reviews, NBC News, The New York Times, NPR, Parents Magazine, Publishers Weekly, Romper, School Library Journal, Univision and USA Today. Founded in 2016 and backed by world-class VCs, Encantos is a fast-growing startup headquartered in Culver City, CA with offices in New York. As a public benefit corporation, we're dedicated to creating the most purpose-driven family brands putting diversity, equality, and inclusion at the heart of everything we do.
Responsibilities Of The Role
- Partner with Product, Marketing, Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
- Work with a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic goals, develop analysis plans, and ensure data quality standards.
- Identify key metrics and develop dashboards/reports to better the understanding of member marketing solutions.
- Leverage robust first party data to find segments and clusters of users who behave and respond differently to messaging.
- Identify engagement behaviors that drive retention and those that predict churn.
- Evangelize processes to iterate into personalization.
- Work closely with our data engineer(s) to seamlessly integrate data across audience management platforms and integrate learnings with member profiles for actionable next steps.
- Work to tie marketing and journey strategies to in app performance and changes in retention and LTV.
- Help measure and compare the success of marketing metrics across campaigns. Perform ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed.
Goals & Deliverables
- Build segments in audience management platforms for member marketing teams.
- Partner with the product team to identify actionable data-driven insights to improve the app. engagement, performance, educational efficacy, and reduce churn.
- Develop test plans and identify KPIs/targeted audiences for testing across journeys.
- Provide post test analyses with actionable recommendations and next steps.
- Experience working on a consumer-facing mobile and web products, preferably kids subscription apps.
- 5+ years of analytics or quantitative experience in which you extracted meaningful insights from big datasets.
- Some first hand, work experience with machine learning will be helpful (though building ML models is not your day to day job).
- Experience with test design, KPI development and post campaign analysis.
- Experience in management consulting / marketing consulting / CRM a plus. Experience with using BI tools is a plus.
- Strong Knowledge of SQL (BigQuery) is absolutely critical. You will be expected to build your own datasets. You should be comfortable writing queries that are optimized for readability and performance.
- Proficient in R and Python.
- Strong conceptual/analytical/creative thinker – you need the ability to interpret not just what some asks for, but what will help the business and guide them to the right answer.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or Mathematics preferred.
What We Offer
- A purpose-driven mission.
- A fun place to work with smart, creative and driven team members.
- Competitive salary + equityMedical/Dental/Vision insurance.
- Paid parental leave.
- Fitness benefits.
At Encantos, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, Encantos will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.