Friendship Hospital for Animals – Support Staff /
Friendship Hospital For Animals is looking for an Inventory Assistant to support our team. The Inventory Assistant is responsible for assisting with the inventory and ensuring the hospital remains stocked with necessary supplies and equipment. This includes helping with ordering, counting, and tracking of medical equipment, non-medical equipment, and medications.
What We Offer:
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Wellness Care- Medical, dental, vision, 401(K), HSA, generous paid time off, petcare discounts, and so much more
What you will be doing (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for the supporting the inventory coordinator with stocking all areas of the hospital as needed, unpacking shipments, ordering supplies as directed
- Interface with multiple organizational levels and disciplines to review and maintain inventory
- Assisting the Inventory Coordinator in ensuring inventory levels are maintained to prevent disruptions in business operations
- Will assist with inventory stock maintenance and quarterly inventory counts
- Assist with deliveries or pickup of materials from 3rd party vendors
- Required to work 4 Saturdays per year
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- lifting, squatting and bending
What you have(Qualifications):
- Resource Skills - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Excellent analytical, data analysis and critical-thinking skills.
- Professionalism – Conduct and appearance is professional and to company standards and policies
- Must be comfortable working around animals
$17 - $22 an hour
compensation is negotiable and based on skills and experience.
We're exclusively seeking individuals who embrace a nurturing, cooperative, and ethical environment, where genuine individuals come together to share knowledge, uplift one another and enhance the health and happiness of our patients, clients, team members, and the community. Of course having fun while doing so is a non-negotiable!
Be the first to check us out:
Meet Our Hospital:
Friendship Hospital for Animals is a top-tier AAHA Accredited veterinary hospital providing compassionate patient care including wellness, emergency and specialized care. Our range of specialized departments includes critical care, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. Our facility is equipped with cutting-edge MRI and CT technology, a dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and onsite hemodialysis. We are constantly evolving to provide the most advanced, state-of-the art comprehensive care. We believe in sharing our knowledge with the community through continuing education, externships, internships and residency programs.
Located in Washington D.C among historic neighborhoods and in close proximity to great food, entertainment, parks and history.