Overnight Medical Receptionist/Client Care Technician
Washington, DC /
Friendship Hospital for Animals – Support Staff /
Friendship Hospital for Animals (FHA) is seeking a friendly and enthusiastic Client Care Technician to join our 24-hour AAHA-accredited primary care, emergency and specialty hospital. As the face of Friendship, you will set the tone for the client experience. The Client Care Technician combines customer service and liaison skills to develop the relationships we have with our clients, as well as positively impact the growth of the hospital. While we certainly have plenty of opportunity to be around animals, this position is for candidates who love interacting with people!
A successful candidate may come to us from a variety of backgrounds, but will share Friendship’s commitment to high quality client service. Ability to work overnight shifts, 4 days, 10 hours. The candidate will bring a positive attitude, and a motivation to learn and grow.
- Self motivated to be engaged with the needs of clients and coworkers
- At least one year of successful past experience helping customers in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of individuals
- Passionate about client service and satisfaction
- A strong desire and ability to learn new tasks and duties
- Detail oriented with proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Required to work non-traditional hours including some holidays, weekend, overnight
- Previous experience working with or around animals a plus
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Front desk customer service including: check in/check out, emergency evaluations and phone triage, process payments, scheduling appointments appropriately, reconciling the drawer at night end, working in the pharmacy and handling medications.
- Call center customer service including providing client advice, directing calls to various departments, scheduling/changing appointments, etc.
- Provide internal support to doctors and technicians as needed
- Continuing training, education, and other duties as assigned
Meet our hospital:
Established in 1936, Friendship Hospital for Animals provides high quality, compassionate veterinary care to the dogs and cats of the Washington D.C. metro area. Our vision is to be the most medically progressive small animal hospital in the country while adhering to our core values of teamwork, collaboration and respect. We are AAHA accredited and provide wellness, emergency and specialty care with over 60 veterinarians on staff, including 13 rotating interns and over 20 specialists.
Friendship has specialty departments including emergency/critical care, clinical pathology, radiology, anesthesiology, oncology, ophthalmology, neurology/neurosurgery, cardiology, dermatology, internal medicine/hemodialysis, rehab therapy, and surgery. We have MRI, CT, a separate dedicated ICU, long-term ventilator capability, and hemodialysis onsite. In addition to providing clients and their pets the highest quality of medicine and service, Friendship Hospital is also a fun and rewarding place to work and grow.
Excellent compensation and generous benefits are offered.
Living in Washington, DC:
Friendship is proud to be a part of the Washington DC community. Our diverse and historic neighborhoods provide enrichment, entertainment, and excitement to new and long-term residents alike. While known for its monuments and museums, the District is also known for its parks and pet-friendly accommodations. Most residents live within a 10-minute walk of a park - including Rock Creek Park, the oldest urban park in the country, popular for hiking and outdoor activities. DC's Kennedy Center and Lincoln Theater offer world-class entertainment and theater. Top universities such as Georgetown, Howard, George Washington, and American (situated around Friendship's campus) attract students and scholars from around the world. Public transportation includes metrorail, metrobus, electric scooters, Capital Bikeshare, and Car2Go. Enjoy DC's varied and eclectic food scene, celebrate a win with the Washington Capitals and Washington Nationals, visit the century-old cherry blossoms or take a weekend trip to nearby Shenandoah Valley, Harper's Ferry, or Annapolis.